Blue Devils 2019

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Imma step in for a second.......that is the primary reason that the spread closed so much.  If the spread was the same as it was on Tuesday in drums the total score spread would be almost exactly the same at .6.    I don’t think that would be an excuse, it would be the statistical reason it happened.  With Crown a few years ago it didn’t really change the outcome even if you swapped out their drum score for 1st place.  

Regardless, I’m a BD fan this year and think they’ve always deserved to win and they’re one of the two shows I want to see win this year so congrats and let the fun continue tomorrow. 😉

I wouldn’t even bother on other threads but I like the BD crowd on here so 🙂

You are 100% correct. No argument here. I guess what i was trying to say is i want Bloo at full strength with no weaknesses in the event BD goes around them. I want Bloo to be at their very best (which they normally are), in every section, every caption so if BD does top them, there would be no excuses. I have never bashed Bloo, in fact i show them love every year as they are always among my favorites. I just said it the wrong way and i can and will accept responsibility for that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chief Guns said:

You are 100% correct. No argument here. I guess what i was trying to say is i want Bloo at full strength with no weaknesses in the event BD goes around them. I want Bloo to be at their very best (which they normally are), in every section, every caption so if BD does top them, there would be no excuses. I have never bashed Bloo, in fact i show them love every year as they are always among my favorites. I just said it the wrong way and i can and will accept responsibility for that. 

You are a class act, Chief! I am with you, I want all contending corps to be at the top of their games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You are a class act, Chief! I am with you, I want all contending corps to be at the top of their games. 

Thanks brother. Much love and respect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I agree with you Chief. No apology needed. You're a super fan for BD. It's all good, and we need super fans for their corps on this forum. I am in love with this BD show, too. Have been since day one. But I will be rooting for my home team Bluecoats. Love their show as well. I do think Bloo and Blue are the best we have this year in DCI. There are a lot of great shows this year, and it's a killer year for percussion. That said, it is percussion that may cost my Bluecoats. We'll see. The one thing BD does best, and has for many years, is consistently place top 3 in most captions. Typically that is what wins titles. In the end they could win visual or GE, and so could Bloo. This is great for DCI. I'm still not ruling SCV out of this, but I am not wild about the tarps, and I feel the props are not as effective as the Blue corps.  Lovely music by SCV and what a music ensemble (brass and percussion). They could potentially win brass and drums. Who knows? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a fan of the activity and the California corps, I am always looking for the best quality videos to watch the corps as they progress through the season. There is so much going on in every corps' show, it's difficult to see every detail in one viewing. Found this excellent of BD which has some close-ups of BD during portions of their show. I would love to have this uploader as a camera guy for DCI. This recording is BD from late June at Rose Bowl and since this show, BD has removed the rifle tosses at the start of the show plus some other changes. But you get a real close-up of BD's show. Although I still like Bloo and want them to "gold", I'm liking BD's show more every time I see it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

This recording is BD from late June at Rose Bowl and since this show, BD has removed the rifle tosses at the start of the show plus some other changes.

They just took those out last night because of the high winds. It's a really dangerous blind toss where they throw them over the flats without being able to see them until the doors open. There was a major issue at a previous windy show where the rifles were all blown backwards and went careening off the open doors in all directions. Fortunately no one was injured and it seems they have cooked up a "soft" opening to use when conditions don't allow for the real thing.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

They just took those out last night because of the high winds. It's a really dangerous blind toss where they throw them over the flats without being able to see them until the doors open. There was a major issue at a previous windy show where the rifles were all blown backwards and went careening off the open doors in all directions. Fortunately no one was injured and it seems they have cooked up a "soft" opening to use when conditions don't allow for the real thing.

Great! I'm glad it's not permanent because the toss coming out needs to be there. Can't remember how many revolutions the toss is (I think 8's) but when I saw them at BD Family day and they were setting up, guard was doing the tosses behind the props. I commented then, it looked like fireworks going off "way cool".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Nono you don’t have to apologize!    I know exactly what you meant.   Just conversating.    🙂

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Yea it was the San Bernardino show. At first alot of us in the crowd (at least people sitting around me) thought BD mucked up the opening tosses. It wasn't until after i got home that night, logged on to DCP and found out it was the gust of wind that threw off that opening sequence. I was just glad no one was hurt that. Cause it got really scary for a second seeing those rifles get blown off course, bouncing off the props in all different directions. 

• Like 1

Yeah, first regional of an exciting seasons IS HERE! I wish all corps their best today from top to bottom, to make this year one of the best competition in history of DCI. I am loving this year from the majority of posters. For the first time i feel community spirit uniquely like i never felt it before on this forum personally and in general. In this thread we do our best to keep things classy, in spite my one time off-track displeasure of fiery words exchange. Much love to the top 6, bottom 6, and from the 13 to 23 corps performing. Good luck to the judges for making the calls on all these talented corps and entertaining programs. Let The Game Begin!!!

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 6