Blue Devils 2019

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Was told they’re locking down a magical ending. 

Cant wait till tomorrow evening. See if our beloved Devils can make it four outta the last five against the phenomenal men and women of Canton. 

• Like 3

IF the weather cooperates, which looks iffy right now, i expect to be at rehearsal for the 3 hour block after lunch, when they typically work on the show section by section. If i see anything i think looks new, i will try and share.  Can't promise video because most of that tech is over my head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DWW11 said:

IF the weather cooperates, which looks iffy right now, i expect to be at rehearsal for the 3 hour block after lunch, when they typically work on the show section by section. If i see anything i think looks new, i will try and share.  Can't promise video because most of that tech is over my head. 

Say "hi" to Clara for us!   😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I just got home from the evening rehearsal in Hamburg.  Been going there for years now.  It’s a great site, and the Devils are fortunate to have it, and for so many days!

This was my first viewing of the show live, so I can’t say for sure what’s new and/or changed.  But WOW, what an incredible show!  Amazing use of props, variations in styles, and just really enjoyable overall.  I estimate 100-200 people in attendance.  It was a subdued crowd, bud they seemed to like everything.  Probably the most crowd-pleasing Blue Devil show in a long time, in my opinion. 

Lots going on in this show.  It’s going to take many repeat viewings to catch it all.  Really well performed, but not peaking yet.  Still lots of room to grow!  Can’t wait to HOPEFULLY see it in uniform tomorrow, up against Bloo and SCV.  Please, NO rain!!!!!

• Like 6

On 7/31/2019 at 5:02 AM, Poppycock said:

The ghost light provides light at night for any spirits to be able to see and even “perform” or dance on the stage. We’re in this place where anything can happen, who knows what ghosts are lurking around and what wonderful shows have been here before. Something will appear from the past. Who else is in the building except ghosts when the light is deployed?

Their devil masters?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I just got home from the evening rehearsal in Hamburg.  Been going there for years now.  It’s a great site, and the Devils are fortunate to have it, and for so many days!

This was my first viewing of the show live, so I can’t say for sure what’s new and/or changed.  But WOW, what an incredible show!  Amazing use of props, variations in styles, and just really enjoyable overall.  I estimate 100-200 people in attendance.  It was a subdued crowd, bud they seemed to like everything.  Probably the most crowd-pleasing Blue Devil show in a long time, in my opinion. 

Lots going on in this show.  It’s going to take many repeat viewings to catch it all.  Really well performed, but not peaking yet.  Still lots of room to grow!  Can’t wait to HOPEFULLY see it in uniform tomorrow, up against Bloo and SCV.  Please, NO rain!!!!!

Well with that many people there, I'm sure a youtube rehearsal video will show up soon enough. Thanks for the update!

• Like 2

I had the pleasure of attending last night's rehearsal too. Thank you, Blue Devils, for being so welcoming! Enjoyed chatting with many in the crowd before, during, and after the rehearsal. The show is on fire. 🔥🔥🔥 Clean the tempo and transitions between small ensemble and full corps at the start of the closing scene and another championship is in order! Best of luck tonight in Allentown and during championships week! 

• Like 6

In Hamburh. They are working on the closer!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1