Blue Devils 2019

17 minutes ago, ndkbass said:

I think the other staff is certainly capable.  But it is always nice to have Scott around.

Also, I think their scores have been improving nicely of late.  They have been really clean this summer, and the book sounds great.  The minor changes they have made seem to be helping lock things together.  I hope the judges they see in their remaining shows can get good reads of the battery and front ensemble at the right moments to help maximize their score.

It seems like it is going to come down to very minor things, including the read the judge is able to get, in the race for the Sanford this year.

I'm of the opinion that SCV is still locked into the Sanford for this year BUT if there is any one corps that could or will dethrone them, it's BD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

:thumbup:

One of the neatest guys in drum corps, period. That man has seen it all and then some. 

Totally

Scott is one of a kind. I was viewing some older BD videos. There is one where Scott is interviewed during BD's spring trainng. Scott

is in his motorhome which he said he uses because he lives away from Concord, CA. He takes the viewers on a tour which I believe is

Blue Devils Corporate offices. The room is lined with shelves of trophy's and he opens a display case showing multiple "championship"

rings. Scott has been with BD about 39 years. He came out of a corps called The Royalaires from San Leandro, CA which has since

disbanded. He was a snare drummer who marched with that corps just after I left after teaching brass with Cy Udall. The Royalaires

were one of the first corps in northern California to have an organization with multiple groups within the organization. This was

just after SCV had broke away from the parents of the Drum and Bell corps to form a drum and bugle corps. BD was just starting their

transition in a similar circumstance.

This guy?  

Yeah dunno....

[sarcasm ;)] 

• Haha 1

I know this has nothing to do with the summer 2019 Devils, but I don't want to start a thread on it. If anyone has ever participated in BD International, or knows enough about how it works, could you please DM me? Curious about the experience in general and a couple more things as I plan on auditioning. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm of the opinion that SCV is still locked into the Sanford for this year BUT if there is any one corps that could or will dethrone them, it's BD

I don’t believe any of the captions are a given. Crownies believe they’re a lock for brass. Vanguard believes they’re a lock for percussion. And Boston believes they’re a lock for guard. All of these captions are up for grabs.  Devils have the brass, percussion and guard to win any if not all of those captions. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 4

Am i the only one who thought BD could have been tighter tonight ? Good performance but it didn't feel awesomely great as usual. Entertaining none the less.

Still close but its coming up to finals and i hope all the kinks worked out, keep cleaning. I think this show getting so clean its so easy to spot a little smidge of a flaw when there is. I am looking forward to the additional ending. I appreciate they didn't add it in the show tonight, whatever it may be.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1