Blue Devils 2019

It looks like the gloves have been dropped! I can’t wait until the five minute major penalty is over and the battle resumes in Indy. Good luck to both Blue and Bloo. May the best corps win! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 8

How was BD tonight?! 

This Bloo/BD battle is super exciting to me. The fact is, neither is a second place show. I can’t imagine either of them not winning.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

How was BD tonight?! 

This Bloo/BD battle is super exciting to me. The fact is, neither is a second place show. I can’t imagine either of them not winning.  

A tie ? :whistle:  lol

Naaaah BD gonna buss that door in on finals night and take that gold.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

They were fantastic. In a crowd in Allentown, with a decades long obvious “Anyone but BD” history, they got thunderous applause. All around me were people saying OMG and WOW! The response to SCV right afterward could best be described as polite. Even BC response was tepid for the first half. It wasn’t until Come Together that BC took the shine away from the Devils performance. And, while i cannot speculate on what i did NOT fully hear, something is going to change for Pre-lims that we were not going to see before then!

Perfect description of the crowd response last night. Warmed my BD-honk heart to witness the always BD-skeptical northeast  audience(if not hostile, in some years) admit and demonstrate how much they were digging the Devils.

I would add that the response to much of SCV was perplexed but kind (Though I loved them, and really thought they're about to pass Bloo this week).

Nothing against Bloo. They're a total gas. Performance levels being equal, though, I think BD's stronger and more complex show, and any icing on it to come, should own next Saturday night. 

• Like 7

Ali vs. Frazier; Federer vs. Nadal; Watson vs. Nicklaus; Celtics vs. Lakers, Alydar vs. Affirmed. It's incredible when there is a pair at the top of the sport and they're evenly matched, pushing each other, forcing each other to reach deep inside. Devils-Bluecoats this year is in this rareified air. Buckle up, baby!

• Like 7

Blue Devils were great last night, the show design is fantastic, all sections are strong and they use their props the best (IMO). This is my favorite BD show since 2008 and if you get a chance to see this show live do it. I would put BD first in Indy, this show is more complex and more balanced acrossed all captions then BC but I’m not a judge and this is only my personal opinion. All the corps are very talented, especially the top 8 and they are so much better live.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Ali vs. Frazier; Federer vs. Nadal; Watson vs. Nicklaus; Celtics vs. Lakers, Alydar vs. Affirmed. It's incredible when there is a pair at the top of the sport and they're evenly matched, pushing each other, forcing each other to reach deep inside. Devils-Bluecoats this year is in this rareified air. Buckle up, baby!

Hmm tennis has a trio, and you arguably left out the best of the 3, Djokovic.

• Like 1

Finally caught footage. I'm in Australia on a work trip, so I'm both half a day ahead of you guys and half a day behind when it comes to BD news 😫 — to say nothing of the other news I woke up to today. El Paso is in my thoughts.

re BD, I'll say this much — hornline's performance of the season, no? It still sounds a little shakey in some spots but overall it sounds like there has been a huge confidence jump. And the bari feature in the second movement finally has clarity. They've got that late season sound and I'm really proud. Guard — not their best, still a number of the individual errors that have been plaguing them all season (ie someone's weapon always goes flying to Siberia during that big Britney toss, lol), but they look good. Funny thing about BD guard for the past 10 years or so is that the same people make the same mistakes all season and then finals week comes and... they don't. So I'm not concerned.  

I'm still not totally sold on the closer and for starters think the wild violin stuff feels out of place, even as I'm pro-violin and think their guy adds so much to the show. It just isn't as charismatic as the rest of the show.  I hope whatever changes they make clarify their intentions there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Finally caught footage. I'm in Australia on a work trip, so I'm both half a day ahead of you guys and half a day behind when it comes to BD news 😫 — to say nothing of the other news I woke up to today. El Paso is in my thoughts.

re BD, I'll say this much — hornline's performance of the season, no? It still sounds a little shakey in some spots but overall it sounds like there has been a huge confidence jump. And the bari feature in the second movement finally has clarity. They've got that late season sound and I'm really proud. Guard — not their best, still a number of the individual errors that have been plaguing them all season (ie someone's weapon always goes flying to Siberia during that big Britney toss, lol), but they look good. Funny thing about BD guard for the past 10 years or so is that the same people make the same mistakes all season and then finals week comes and... they don't. So I'm not concerned.  

I'm still not totally sold on the closer and for starters think the wild violin stuff feels out of place, even as I'm pro-violin and think their guy adds so much to the show. It just isn't as charismatic as the rest of the show.  I hope whatever changes they make clarify their intentions there.

YUP the violin in the closer just doesn't jive with the rest of the show. Apparently we're in for a surprise at pre-lims so maybe the closer will be redone? I kinda doubt theyd do a wholesale change to it that late into the season though

• Like 1