Blue Devils 2019

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

• 2011: Burt Bacharach. Nuff said

put this on a t-shirt please!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's been amazing watching this year version of Blue Devils unfold. Right from the start they have me filled with excitement and joys. I thoroughly enjoy this iteration so much! A show i keep humming from the very moment i heard the music and the debut of the show, to this very day. It's been a hard fought season and, one i strongly believe will to be paid off this weekend. Taking away nothing from the BC who truly also deserve to be rewarded as much, a place at the table. But my heart is with the Concord Blue Devils i believe whose show i love way more, which is more energetic and entertaining ect.. This is time and moment BD go get it. Do it up Devils!

• Like 5

BD showed some serious swagger tonight. They always look like such pros out there.

• Like 6

So proud of BDs guard last night. Straight fire!!!

Sanford is all SCV, just want BD to stay close. MA scores gotta improve, not sure what they can do with two shows left in the season.

• Like 4

On 8/6/2019 at 7:35 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

There's been a lot of years when the "robotic/mechanical" Devils  as a lot of people refer to them just do what they do best and win without much challenge. The years when they've won and they've just seemed to be more human, relaxed and kids just having the times of their lives are the years they pull it off with a little more panache.  As much as I enjoy Bloo, I sense this is one of those years for BD. 

Holding on to this. This week feels so eerie like 2015 did with Crown. 

• Like 2

Last night was the first time I got to see the Blue Devils

show in its entirety.

Really enjoyed it.

But

Maybe it was the theater,or something with their electronics.

But you really couldn't hear the violin.

Just visited a standing room only overflowing Starbucks decked out in full BD. Four people came up to me and said they never saw BD until last night and every single one said they were speechless when their show was over!  Never saw anything like that and far and away the best of the bunch were just some of the Things i heard. I told each and every one of them and anyone within earshot that if they want BD to win, they are going to have to give them LOUD support, throughout the entire show, to counter the Bloos. And i think we should give a standing O for the ballad!!!

• Like 9

11 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

It's been amazing watching this year version of Blue Devils unfold. Right from the start they have me filled with excitement and joys. I thoroughly enjoy this iteration so much! A show i keep humming from the very moment i heard the music and the debut of the show, to this very day. It's been a hard fought season and, one i strongly believe will to be paid off this weekend. Taking away nothing from the BC who truly also deserve to be rewarded as much, a place at the table. But my heart is with the Concord Blue Devils i believe whose show i love way more, which is more energetic and entertaining ect.. This is time and moment BD go get it. Do it up Devils!

Blue Devils have the best show on the field in my opinion! Although I want them to win by several points, in truth whatever happens on the judging panel will not change my opinion.

This year has brought several shows that really appeal to me. BD, Crown, Blue Knights, Cavaliers. But none stun me and bring tears to my eyes like this BD show and its phenomenal members. Thank you so much to the designers and performers, and to everyone involved with this fantastic organization. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I was at the theater last night talking to some DCI fans and understandably most of the people there were BD and SCV fans since I'm in the Bay Area. I was wearing my BD sweatshirt with my Cavaliers jacket (with my ring 😉) and so clearly that was a conversation starter. What I get from people is that either they love the BD show or they turn their nose against it and CHOOSE not to understand/enjoy the BD shows because of some reason or another. Some were just plain ignorant as to what the concept of the show as about. The people in front of me were telling me that they love DCI and that this was their first time seeing all the shows that wasn't on YouTube. They knew so much about all the shows except for BD's. 

After the BD performance, they were literally speechless! They all turned to me and told me and my friend that they felt stupid for not following this show throughout the season. They loved absolutely loved it! 

• Like 7