What rule would you propose for the 2019 DCI tour?

2 hours ago, Rileydog said:

This is a crazy one....what if every 5 years DCI set a theme and every corp had to develop a show out of that theme? Would we get a bunch of different shows?   

The last time this thought was discussed, it pretty much was given a thumbs down.

1 hour ago, TRacer said:

Institution of a “No Hairflip Rule”. Put that in, and BD never has another shot at High CG.   :ninja:

I think it's ho hum after several years, but is that move any different than dozens of other moves that corps do each year?  It has to be tough as a designer to try and create new drill and mm moves.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The last time this thought was discussed, it pretty much was given a thumbs down.

I figured 

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Didn't Cadets for one year in the 1980s have a guard of like six people of something like that?

In the late 70's they had the guard pick up and play horns, so there was basically no guard for that part of the show.

I'd be all for a season where every corps had to give up one element.

Like no tubas, or not trumpets, or no snares, or no tenors, or no rifles, or no flags, or so forth and so on.

Each corps could pick the one item they'd do without from a list.

(The other day I heard Brahms's second serenade on the radio. The announcer said it was one of Bernstein's favorite pieces. It omits violins. The idea inspired me.)

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Eliminate any and all rules limiting instrumentation that can be used. Brass, Percussion, Woodwinds, Strings, etc...any and all to be permitted.

Add jet packs, holograms, pyrotechnics, and live animals to this list, and I'm in!!!  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1) Mandatory mello sustains in the last 30 seconds of every show. 

2) Eliminate “electronic goo”. 

3) Require staffs to do more background tv/video interviews on the show design, intent, inspiration and some inside baseball anecdotes about the show’s creation. Ref. Dan Potter’s Field Pass interview with Dean Westman re: Tilt. Great stuff. 

• Like 1