What rule would you propose for the 2019 DCI tour?

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Not so. According to the description, it's easy to deal with:

"Because of the ease of carrying and the direction of sound, it is widely employed in marching bands, as well as various other musical genres." :thumbs-up:

It sounds like you could walk around all day with one, and would barely notice it.

OK, then, how about because they're goofy looking and we cool kids would make fun of you  :hehe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grenadasmoothie said:

OK, then, how about because they're goofy looking and we cool kids would make fun of you  :hehe:

Seriously? What's cooler than a really big horn you can wear?

Plus you can get them in fiberglass, just like a Corvette!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I could find a pic of mid-80s Madison with the letter bell covers on them spelling "MADISON" b/c that's (personally) as close as I wanna get to seeing sousaphones in DCI...:whistle:

Edited by gak27
clarification
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, gak27 said:

I wish I could find a pic of mid-80s Madison with the letter bell covers on them spelling "MADISON" b/c that's (personally) as close as I wanna get to seeing sousaphones in DCI...:whistle:

Why the #### can't they leave drum corps alone???????

Minimum floor time requirement for MM’s between shows. 

At least one trained medical professional on staff on tour. 

• Like 2

Let me make my annual rule change request......

Keep all the judges including the percussion judge off the field. 

There's so much discussion about how Pioneer disregarded safety issues regarding it's marching members.  Judges dodging corps members will eventually cause a serious injury. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluesman said:

Let me make my annual rule change request......

There's so much discussion about how Pioneer disregarded safety issues regarding it's marching members.  Judges dodging corps members will eventually cause a serious injury. 

YEEESSSSSS!  Judges and tarps - off the field!

3 hours ago, bluesman said:

When this topic was last discussed, those percussionist on DCP felt the execution judge in the stands would not get a good "read" of who is good, who is dirty, and who is playing a harder book.

• Like 1

It was said before but the amount of pre-recorded music used should definitely be limited. To 0 in my opinion. It’s jarring to be hearing Micheal Jackson during a spot when the members should be playing. 

Also if the trends with hats continues, I think that judges should have to take note of differences between emotions shown by members. If you’re willing to take the risk of not using hats which sacrifices uniformity, you better be doing it effectively. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

When this topic was last discussed, those percussionist on DCP felt the execution judge in the stands would not get a good "read" of who is good, who is dirty, and who is playing a harder book.

Yes, when this topic has come up(almost every year) the majority of those who have marched in the drum line thought that having the judge on the field was necessary to get a good read of demand.  But some percussionist including myself made the case that the need for safety outweighed the slight difference in a judges ability to read how well the drum line is executing and how demanding the book is.  When the drum line is dirty you don't have to be in front of the them to hear it. And since most of the corps already put the drum line closer to the front during the most demanding part of their show then I see no reason to have the judges running around the field dodging sets, props, rifles, flags, trombones, ect . 

Edited by bluesman
  • Thanks 1