Post Tour Laundry Day

29 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

It was even worse in the days of wool uniforms. You really didn’t want to be downwind of the Garfield Cadets...:w00t:

It was a deliberate strategy back in the tic era to keep the judges away.:innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After Finals, I left my bag in the trunk of the car and my folks and I stayed at a hotel.  

Got up the next morning, and you literally could smell the bag from across the parking lot.  

Opened up the trunk and POW! It was awful.

Soooo we threw the entire bag in the dumpster (after I salvaged a couple things, of course).

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well there was some definite funk and I'm thinking it was 4 loads in total. Wasn't keen on tossing Nike/Adidas shirts etc even though they were funky. Did a lil pre-treatment soak in Snuggle fab softener for about 15 min, then a wash w/ some "fresh air packets" and viola! Now the white appearing socks that came back gray...those were beyond help after having shuffled across many gym floors etc. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Garbage can.

Image result for burn barrel

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sideways said:

Image result for burn barrel

LOL

2 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

After Finals, I left my bag in the trunk of the car and my folks and I stayed at a hotel.  

Got up the next morning, and you literally could smell the bag from across the parking lot.  

Opened up the trunk and POW! It was awful.

Soooo we threw the entire bag in the dumpster (after I salvaged a couple things, of course).

Good luck!

Good luck yourself with that truck fabric.  :laughing:

Reminds me of a story my mom and dad would tell.  During their wedding the groomsmen had filled the AC vents with rice to pelt them when they turned on the AC to drive off.  It worked perfectly spraying rice all over inside the car.  

Well this included the back seat, and rice had gotten down beneath the cushions into the bottom compartment (in those days you could pop the bottom of the back bench seat and there was a hollow compartment there.) But, they didn't realize this.

Mom had a faux fur coat she took on a car trip a few months later and threw it over the backseat on the way home.  When she pulled it out, it was CRAWLING WITH MAGGOTS.  Horror show time.  Dad popped the backseat and just about threw up from the smell and sight.  Flies had gotten down there and feasted on that rice.  

The solution:  He just put the seat back, vacuumed what was visible, and took it to the dealer the next day and did a trade in for a new car.

5 hours ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Well there was some definite funk and I'm thinking it was 4 loads in total. Wasn't keen on tossing Nike/Adidas shirts etc even though they were funky. Did a lil pre-treatment soak in Snuggle fab softener for about 15 min, then a wash w/ some "fresh air packets" and viola! Now the white appearing socks that came back gray...those were beyond help after having shuffled across many gym floors etc. 

Sounds like the same situation I am in.  The socks HAD to go, but the corps shirts & namebrand stuff got a vinegar/febreeze soak (thank you to all who recommended that), a wash with sport detergent, and then a wash with standard detergent + some snuggle odor eliminator.  All seems well now...except the load that had the rogue sock sneak in :D

• Haha 1

From Grandfather, the tailor:

Hang salvageables on hangers. (test a patch if concerned  about fading)

Buy cheap (bottom shelf) vodka and fill a lg. spray bottle. (Bolshoi does this on non-washable, expensive costumes)

Spray directly on clothing, do not dilute vodka w/ water, and do not soak the fabric w/ the spray

Air line-dry,  pref in sunlight

Wash  and dry regular method(s)

Have a sip. Cheers

Rinse and repeat next season. Good rest to all!

one-thing-even-cheap-vodka-is-good-for-m