SCV's show was an epic musical fail.

23 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am going to tell you something that I used to always say to great friend of mine from college. Don't over analyze. Sure, I believe the staff had some type of plan to win a championship and they executed it extremely well. Simple as that.

Exactly. I don't even bother reading up on the themes. I just want good drill, good music, and good guard work. Simple as.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I may of??? Lol I actually do not remember.

Does anyone even know what day it is? Never mind what thread I'm in. Thought your response came for the "best corps thread" where I been feeding off your, "It has a good ring to it" comment. If you not in a good mood, don't go there!!!!

The OP's post reminded me that even great musicians could not agree on what constitutes good music:

"You know what Debussy is? Calf's-foot jelly. It is spineless music" - Prokofiev

Opening a piano and sitting on the keys, Rossini declared, "There! That is what Wagner's music sounds like!"

Asked if he had heard any music of Stockhausen, Sir Thomas Beecham replied, "No, but I believe I have trodden in some." 

"Why is it that whenever I hear a piece of music that I don`t like, it is always by Villa-Lobos?" -Stravinsky

"A very tolerable imitation of a composer.” Ralph Vaughan Williams on Gustav Mahler

"Listening to the fifth symphony of Ralph Vaughan Williams is like staring at a cow for 45 minutes." - Aaron Copland

"If he'd been making shell-cases during the war it might have been better for music." --Maurice Ravel on Camille Saint-Saëns

"What a giftless bast-ard!" -Tchaikovsky on Brahms

Edited by quietcity
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. I don't even bother reading up on the themes. I just want good drill, good music, and good guard work. Simple as.

I like a good theme though too, but I just love watching these kids push themselves to their limits and then going beyond.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Does anyone even know what day it is? Never mind what thread I'm in. Thought your response came for the "best corps thread" where I been feeding off your, "It has a good ring to it" comment. If you not in a good mood, don't go there!!!!

Oh gosh!!! I am sorry if I came off the wrong way! Lol!!! I admit that I had an awesome practice session and I didn't want it to end (I had to go to work). Just excited for my day off tomorrow so I can practice my heart out! Wait, was that the thread about the best corps names?

2 hours ago, quietcity said:

The OP's post reminded me that even great musicians could not agree on what constitutes good music:

"You know what Debussy is? Calf's-foot jelly. It is spineless music" - Prokofiev

Opening a piano and sitting on the keys, Rossini declared, "There! That is what Wagner's music sounds like!"

Asked if he had heard any music of Stockhausen, Sir Thomas Beecham replied, "No, but I believe I have trodden in some." 

"Why is it that whenever I hear a piece of music that I don`t like, it is always by Villa-Lobos?" -Stravinsky

"A very tolerable imitation of a composer.” Ralph Vaughan Williams on Gustav Mahler

"Listening to the fifth symphony of Ralph Vaughan Williams is like staring at a cow for 45 minutes." - Aaron Copland

"If he'd been making shell-cases during the war it might have been better for music." --Maurice Ravel on Camille Saint-Saëns

Nice to see the OP's education wasn't entirely wasted...he got the arrogant snobbery down perfectly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I love this. Some of my favorites, by some of my favorite composers on some of my favorite works (Beethoven is my #1, Mozart #2, and I love Rossini and Boris Godunov is one of my favorite operas). Tchaikovsky, as much as I love his music, was just a dick! 

"What a good thing this isn't music." Rossini on Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique

"Rossini would have been a great composer if his teacher had spanked him enough on the backside." Beethoven on Rossini

"It is the most insipid and base parody on music." Tchaikovsky on Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov

"He likes what is coarse, unpolished, and ugly." Tchaikovsky on Mussorgsky.

"What a giftless ########." Tchaikovsky on Brahms

"Handel is only fourth rate. He is not even interesting." Tchaikovsky on Handel

"Wagner has beautiful moments, but awful quarters of an hour" Rossini on Wagner

"I liked the opera very much. Everything but the music." Britten on Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Haha 2

Brahms was awesome as a person. In Vienna, there is of course a monument to him. Someone spray painted "Is a b*tch" under his name.

3 hours ago, quietcity said:

Those were just remarks about competitors' music, not the quality, except, of course, the music of Stockhausen!:unsure:

4 hours ago, quietcity said:

These are awesome.

Mike