SCV's show was an epic musical fail.

20 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

acting that they are detached from human contact, only they have an opinion.

Where are you at MR. Music Teacher it's fashionable to not like me here. Look at all my friends that came out of the woodwork to call me weird because they don't want to use technology to help the health & safety issues. My friend Tim K that I go out of my way to compliment put together 3 pages of New England drum corps names mentioned that I am horning him. My friend garfield that lets me get under his skin so easily or Crownbaridad and others that post all kinds of hearts on their sleeve stuff but jump on me when I do it. At least they are real and have constructive input. You, sir, are just a coward. 

19 hours ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Why can't it be both? Fans aren't stupid-- we understand that we aren't saddled with having to make a one-or-the-other choice. Crazy as it sounds, we can both want SCV to win AND enjoy their show. 

Is that hard to believe?

Of course it could be both .   What I'm saying and is in my opinion it wasn't  both for  A lot of fans   It was let's just win  

3 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Of course it could be both .   What I'm saying and is in my opinion it wasn't  both for  A lot of fans   It was let's just win  

What are you basing that on? Literally every one I know was gushing over SCV's actual show, and wanted them to win because they thought it was the best show of the season, even some of my friends who are major BD homers were pulling for SCV because they thought their show was the best. 

I, myself, want the best show each year to win. Of course "best show" is a personal choice, but in my circle the personal choice was SCV.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

What are you basing that on? Literally every one I know was gushing over SCV's actual show, and wanted them to win because they thought it was the best show of the season, even some of my friends who are major BD homers were pulling for SCV because they thought their show was the best. 

I, myself, want the best show each year to win. Of course "best show" is a personal choice, but in my circle the personal choice was SCV.

The title of this topic SCV was a musical fail which I don't agree with however I do not think it was something outrageously awesome.   Execution is another thing we're talking about design. In my opinion their 2016 show had better flow to it then 2018 .    I thought bluecoats had the most cohesive musical program of the top corps  this season  and Boston Crusaders were also very impressive designwise.

I just think a lot of fans wanted to see an almost 19 year drought end  overhyped SCV this year that's all ....simple  :) 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

The title of this topic SCV was a musical fail which I don't agree with however I do not think it was something outrageously awesome.   Execution is another thing we're talking about design. In my opinion their 2016 show had better flow to it then 2018 .    I thought bluecoats had the most cohesive musical program of the top corps  this season  and Boston Crusaders were also very impressive designwise.

I just think a lot of fans wanted to see an almost 19 year drought end  overhyped SCV this year that's all ....simple  :) 

If you think the 2016 show had better flow to it than 2018, you've blocked the "summer" movement out of your mind. Stretching a 90-second piece to three minutes by adding drum breaks does not flow. And I say that as a percussion guy.

• Like 1

This activity needs more epic musical failures like SCV 2018.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Perhaps. Probably true for some, or many. I know I want SCV to win every year. But I also want them to deserve to win every year. I want them to be the best every year. I love most of their shows, but this one was really special to me. 

Crown 13 was a first time champ yet not universally loved like Vanguard this year with the drought

OK just watched this show for like the 14th-15th time.  Is it wrong when the only part you enjoy musically is when the Pit and Synth are playing?  Rest is mostly drum breaks or hornline runs with random hits.  

7 hours ago, WWonka said:

OK just watched this show for like the 14th-15th time.  Is it wrong when the only part you enjoy musically is when the Pit and Synth are playing?  Rest is mostly drum breaks or hornline runs with random hits.  

No....it's not "mostly drum breaks or hornline runs with random hits."   I suggest you YouTube the original Metropolis 1927 and compare to the SCV version....they're pretty #### close.

• Like 1