SCV's show was an epic musical fail.

Same with Journey to the Center of the Earth...incredibly faithful Graham’s writing.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, Triple Forte said:

Of course it could be both .   What I'm saying and is in my opinion it wasn't  both for  A lot of fans   It was let's just win  

Section 238 (a lot of fans from various corps)  at Lucas Oil showed the HEARTFELT love of this show as  we stood  numerous times throughout Vanguard's show. They won because of the product. To think anything less is just babble BABEL!

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:04 AM, Bluzes said:

Please enlighten us how dci audiences are suffering and how this post has anything to do with music or art. You sir would not know art/music if a ton of sleeved albums fell on your head. So music itself isn't art and musicians aren't artists. Do you insult folks for a living, seems that way. The only emotional underpinnings are your self-righteous attitude, need for real human contact and awkward way of relating to your peers and the rest of the world.

If you want to debate the merits of this or that debates do not begin with an insult. That is childish, unprofessional and just wrong. A debate does not hold 154 hostages that paid their own money it the lurch, exactly what other segments of the entertainment industry do the performers pay to be on stage. Oh that's right they have lawyers and more clout than the kids in SCV, so let us prove our worth to society here by picking on teenagers? Envious of dci much? This thread is berating the 154 members of SCV and these educators just keep piling it on, with musical professionals patting each other on the back acting that they are detached from human contact, only they have an opinion.

Mr. Bluzes I've said it before, often I reread your posts a couple of times before I "get ya". I appreciate your philosophical approach to some topics, your occasional devils advocate slant, and chuckling at your unique "style". Many times I  find myself rethinking my position with your ( and others!) posts. In '19 I will again be at LOS should you want to have a beer and shoot the ####! Keep on posting! 

1 hour ago, whitedj2002 said:

to have a beer and shoot the ####! Keep on posting! 

Sure wood, thank you. I know sometimes I can be a shock jock but it is all well intended. Since a lot of us are knocking our heads against the wall. Our seats for next year were just confirmed. Section 140 row 21 seats 1&2. Been moving higher up each year because we don't move as fast anymore. We may not like these nose bleed seats but you need to make due.

8 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

Section 238 (a lot of fans from various corps)  at Lucas Oil showed the HEARTFELT love of this show as  we stood  numerous times throughout Vanguard's show. They won because of the product. To think anything less is just babble BABEL!

Well you and section 238 have your opinion and me and fans from section 140 (And others) have ours :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

4 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Well you and section 238 have your opinion and me and fans from section 140 (And others) have ours :)

Ok SectionBattle, another new way for DCI to make $$ and pay off legal retainers.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, SWriverstone said:

Listen to pop music today and it's clear that it exists on a level far lower in intelligence than it ever has in the past (just look at all the hit songs about nothing more than partying)

If you legitimately, unironically think this is true, you know nothing about music.

If you were not "moved" during at least the ballad or the closer of Santa Clara's show, you have no emotions.

Edited by IntercalaryTurtle

33 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

If you legitimately, unironically think this is true, you know nothing about music

I don't know anything about music either but love the SCV show as much as I am going to love the DCA Governairs they are playing Proud Mary with about 16 horns and I will like that just as much.

However next week I plan on bribing the Mods. Have them change this thread to "The Proud Mary epic musical fail thread" all this winning by SCV, loving comments, total satisfaction, absolute joy, got our monies worth, your the best is just giving SCV a big head and is getting old. Analyzing Proud Mary is just so much more fun.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

18 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

If you legitimately, unironically think this is true, you know nothing about music.

If you were not "moved" during at least the ballad or the closer of Santa Clara's show, you have no emotions.

Somehow you managed to take just as extreme of an authoritative position as the OP did. Congratulations!