SCV's show was an epic musical success

How was this particular show an epic musical success? Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? What do you consider "successful"?  How do you define that?

And how does that success compare with other shows off the past that were musically successful? What is it you liked about it? 

Is there a possibility you are incorrect?

I don't pretend to have some sort of mystical tap into the oversoul that is musical taste for the majority of DCI fans. 

Nobody can do that, even if they verbally play with themselves in a thousand word post trying to quantify or qualify something so subjective. 

We all can describe specific reasons why we enjoy specific music, whether it be DCI or anything else. Let's just do that.

Peter Gabriel is a pretty fantastic song writer, and whoever orchestrated the original of My Body is a Cage created something special. I feel like SCV actually took what was there and elevated it. Rare, and wonderful.  

13 minutes ago, skevinp said:

As someone with a formidable number of gold stars from fourth grade piano lessons, I really liked the mellophones.

Image result for You are very educated.... gifs

• Like 3

Ya, I'm gonna need to see some credentials of your ability to have an opinion on this type of thing....

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

He's still salty Blue Devil's fell short.

I actually think SCV deserved the win believe it or not. 

• Like 3

A guide to the answer may be : Would the majority of us look forward to a 2019 season where every corps in prelims ie all day Thursday duplicating their visual/costume and musical style? 

If the answer is YES then it is indeed epic and a truely welcomed activity changer. If NO then the reverse is true 

2 minutes ago, Mead09 said:

A guide to the answer may be : Would the majority of us look forward to a 2019 season where every corps in prelims ie all day Thursday duplicating their visual/costume and musical style? 

If the answer is YES then it is indeed epic and a truely welcomed activity changer. If NO then the reverse is true 

I literally cannot think of any show that I would ever specifically hope to see duplicated by every corps - hell, even a few corps - in style/tone the following year.

So, no show is epic in my book?

Good point !

However, I should have been more clear, in that I was not referring to duplication of the actual show but rather the style

1 hour ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

How was this particular show an epic musical success? Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? What do you consider "successful"?  How do you define that?

And how does that success compare with other shows off the past that were musically successful? What is it you liked about it? 

Is there a possibility you are incorrect?

So winning the championship, Ott, AND Sanford isn't considered a musical success?