2019 what corps will wear

Cadets have already publicly posted that they will not wear the '18 uniforms again and are now using them for a fundraiser and sale. Some speculation about returning to M&G colors at least. Nothing known for sure.

Will Phantom keep the same uniform in cost cuttting move but drop the cowls and hoods and replace with helmets?

Will SCV still want you to recall Star '93 and Crown's cream years or switch to something other?

Will BD return to Blue?  Boston put some clothes on?  Mandarins actually wear mandarin (a hue of orange???)

Do you have hints, preferences, or suggestions? What design would you like your fav corps to wear?

[Full disclosure: this thread is not sponsored by Stan Berry, DeMoolah, Cesar Miller, Frupoo or any other clothing company for they might not approve of this message.]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I don’t think Mandarins are named after the orange…

no, but after the Chinese dialect and culture of that name. That's where the oranges grow I understand.

Will Gold wear gold?

Why did Teal Sound wear beige and brown and not blue?

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see Cadets in a more athletic M&G uniform.  One of their strengths is that they've historically let you see how hard they're working during a show - that would accent it.  I would prefer Phantom to also go more activewear, but in all white. 

Mike

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I just want Blue Knights to not wear purple. Even the Bluecoats wore blue coats this year. 

Purple was in this year.

Also, call me weird but the Blue Knights were #4 in my favorite shows this season.  Also, I liked their costumes, they fit the theme well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I'd like to see Cadets in a more athletic M&G uniform.  One of their strengths is that they've historically let you see how hard they're working during a show - that would accent it.  I would prefer Phantom to also go more activewear, but in all white. 

Mike

"said the guy whose home corps wears Adidas and sweatpants" :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can appreciate how they are all trying new things. I get the concept and importance of pushing new ideas.

I would like to see everyone go back to traditional uniforms and colors next year.

A throwback year. 

You know something, these new uniforms,.or costumes, or whatever, every year something new, that's expensive. Right now with the economy humming along and donations up, corps can afford to try out new expensive ideas when they really couldn't do that 8 years ago. 

When the economy inevitably enters the next down cycle, we will see corps start to make do with what they can afford.

They might want to think about putting away some money for some down years. It will.come sooner or later.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

1 minute ago, kkrepps said:

"said the guy whose home corps wears Adidas and sweatpants" :laugh:

On the bright side, everyone carried their uniforms in backpacks.  No garment bags, no storage needed.  (The jackets/hoodies were a similar material to soccer jerseys, and amazingly wrinkle-resistant.)

On the other hand, kids kept losing their hats, as baseball caps don't need hat boxes.  We had to replace roughly 10% of them Finals week.

Mike