DCA Show In NJ This Weekend

I don't understand who's running Highland Regiments but I finding it very unusual, no appearance this summer after being approved by DCA.  If I can recall, I counted 3-4 show's right in the state of NJ they could of attended.  STRANGE!!!

Highland is on the schedule for Reading with a performance time of 6:40, leading off the show. Here's the official rundown...

1. Highland Regiment 6:40

2. Cadence   6:57 

3.  Skyliners  7:14

4. Bushwackers  7:31

INTERMISSION   7:48

5.  Cadets 2   8:15

6.  Hawthorne Caballeros 8:32          

7. White Sabers   8:49            

8. Reading Buccaneers  9:06

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gregory11 said:

I don't understand who's running Highland Regiments but I finding it very unusual, no appearance this summer after being approved by DCA.  If I can recall, I counted 3-4 show's right in the state of NJ they could of attended.  STRANGE!!!

Well, let's hope that they planned their summer to yield the best possible results in their first year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, let's hope that they planned their summer to yield the best possible results in their first year.

And good to see a new corps on the scene in DCA.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BigW said:

Be ready to enjoy Cadence. The corps is working very hard and excited to perform Saturday. :winky:

That's good news! We hope to catch them Sunday at Friends and Family Day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

And good to see a new corps on the scene in DCA.

Ditto... signed up for Prelims and Finals web feed next weekend and actually getting excited about it. New corps and that green group from Hanover Sunday morning who I haven't seen in a while

21 hours ago, gregory11 said:

Well you can't just show up and expect to compete ,,you need an invite to the show .

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, gregory11 said:

Like Kamarag said, we'll be in Reading tomorrow.

We had a tough time with scheduling this year because of the timing of our approval and because of some longstanding member scheduling conflicts.  We were bumped from the Clifton show, couldn't do the Jefferson Township show because about a half-dozen of us had already committed to being in Indianapolis volunteering with the Free Players the year prior, couldn't do Peckville because the roster was already full, and decided not to do Woodbridge so that we wouldn't be doing three show weekends in a row.  It wasn't our preference, but that's how it shook out, and I think we're going to be plenty ready for our debut.

• Like 6