Your 2018 Top 6

1 minute ago, kkrepps said:

Yeah, sorry!  I couldn't resist the potty humor.

I know...juvenile. :sigh:

And I completely missed it.  Good one!!!

• Haha 1

Santa Clara Vanguard

The Cadets

Music City

Spirit of Atlanta

Blue Stars

Boston Crusaders

I love threads like this - when we get to just say what WE loved the most about the season.  I'm also in including why.

My favorites:

Pacific Crest/Here's To The Ones Who Dream      I loved, loved, LOVED this show.  Maybe because as a kid I was obsessed with show business and dreamed of being a star myself.  I don't know.  I just connected to this production from the very beginning.  There were many subtleties with choreography that I appreciated and the corps sounded FANTASTIC.  This was a growth year for PC.

Mandarins/Life Rite After      Since last year, if there were one word that I could use to describe this corps it would be "fresh".  They come off fresh as a clean and powdered babies' bottom to me.  I have always loved their visual programs and now the music has caught up.  I especially enjoy the creative brass arranging.  This show also gets my vote for best guard outfitting.  How cool were those jester hats?  The Mandies are firing on all cylinders now.

Santa Clara Vanguard/Babylon      For me, this show was about intensity.  It never let up.  It grabbed me and never let go in exactly the same way that Downside Up did.  

Blue Devils/Dreams And Nighthawks       I surprise myself by saying this about the perennial champs - but I felt kinda bad for BD this year.  They had a brilliant show that easily would have won in another year.  The way the painting came together was dazzling.  I loved it.  The Devils'  'in-your-face' style of performance never disappoints.  

Cadets/The Unity Project      The Cadets could not have put on a more apropos show this year for obvious reasons.  No one uses a vocal ensemble quite the way the Cadets do.  The voices were the emotion of that show.  The MM uniforms always made me hungry because they looked like decorated cordials!

Bluecoats/Session 44     This was another fully integrative use of a vocal.  The way the singer was woven into the storyline was very effective.  Oh yeah and I wanted to be her, lol.  The show had a great look to it, with the MM unis being all so similar yet different.  I never really got the giant scaffolding chairs though...other than looking 'studio-ey'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HM:        Crown/Beast      I have never seen a Crown show that I didn't like.  Period.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I love threads like this - when we get to just say what WE loved the most about the season.  I'm also in including why.

My favorites:

Pacific Crest/Here's To The Ones Who Dream      I loved, loved, LOVED this show.  Maybe because as a kid I was obsessed with show business and dreamed of being a star myself.  I don't know.  I just connected to this production from the very beginning.  There were many subtleties with choreography that I appreciated and the corps sounded FANTASTIC.  This was a growth year for PC.

Mandarins/Life Rite After      Since last year, if there were one word that I could use to describe this corps it would be "fresh".  They come off fresh as a clean and powdered babies' bottom to me.  I have always loved their visual programs and now the music has caught up.  I especially enjoy the creative brass arranging.  This show also gets my vote for best guard outfitting.  How cool were those jester hats?  The Mandies are firing on all cylinders now.

Santa Clara Vanguard/Babylon      For me, this show was about intensity.  It never let up.  It grabbed me and never let go in exactly the same way that Downside Up did.  

Blue Devils/Dreams And Nighthawks       I surprise myself by saying this about the perennial champs - but I felt kinda bad for BD this year.  They had a brilliant show that easily would have won in another year.  The way the painting came together was dazzling.  I loved it.  The Devils'  'in-your-face' style of performance never disappoints.  

Cadets/The Unity Project      The Cadets could not have put on a more apropos show this year for obvious reasons.  No one uses a vocal ensemble quite the way the Cadets do.  The voices were the emotion of that show.  The MM uniforms always made me hungry because they looked like decorated cordials!

Bluecoats/Session 44     This was another fully integrative use of a vocal.  The way the singer was woven into the storyline was very effective.  Oh yeah and I wanted to be her, lol.  The show had a great look to it, with the MM unis being all so similar yet different.  I never really got the giant scaffolding chairs though...other than looking 'studio-ey'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Runner Up:        Crown/Beast      I have never seen a Crown show that I didn't like.  Period.

PC:  Did you notice the part where the brass laid down in 3 circles and they do "synchronized swimming" a la Esther Williams?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

PC:  Did you notice the part where the brass laid down in 3 circles and they do "synchronized swimming" a la Esther Williams?

Yes!  That was one of the many little vignettes that made this show so great!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

My favorites:

HM:        Crown/Beast      I have never seen a Crown show that I didn't like.  Period.

Pacific Crest, Mandarins, SCV, and BD: I think it’s safe to say you like corps from California!:lle:

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Pacific Crest, Mandarins, SCV, and BD: I think it’s safe to say you like corps from California!:lle:

Not on purpose though!  Just turned out that way.