Pioneer Member Rant

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

If in fact, they are putting their members in danger and not supplying a safe and healthy experience that is one thing  and  DCIs business IF it's the opposite NO DCI does not have a right to tell them what kind of a corps they should have. imo

Now if you are talking should they be a WC corps that's another story

Ok I’m talking about unsafe conditions which you say is DCIs business and I agree.  But that does not answer my question of what can DCI actually do.

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Why, just curious

So Pioneer does not need to march with broken tubas 

2 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

i guess when yo only spend 350k on your corps...you get what you put into it

you can do a lot...and do it well...for not a lot of money. they aren't doing anything well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It difficult to come up with a one size fits all solution. If your worth your weight then they could be placed in an advisory position and let the person they been grooming take over to have a younger face directing the MMs. dci is a business and in business everyone over 50 is looking over their shoulder not that it is right or good but does keep one on their toes. 

I wish that were true and maybe in a few cases sure BUT I have always said some 20 year old should be knocking some off the pedestal and easily do it. BUT for some with longevity and I do mean successful longevity, it doesn't happen. I get together yearly with some staff and we kinda laugh about it. Successful longevity in this activity doesnt just happen. Some young staff ( as I did at 1 time ) don't get that

Oh forgot to also write. There is a place where the kids don't age out...DCA....lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

They still do in some semi-private reddit groups...

oh DCP mods get trashed on Facebook too. I know, I'm one of those ###### evil DCP Facebook mods LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tedrick said:

the brushes were what caused Bluecoats' perc downfall this year -- judges hate brushes --

pro tip: if you don't want to get tanked in drums - DO NOT use brushes at any time in your book.

and i missed the Bloo comment, forgive me i dont follow every post 24/7 after i reply to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I’m talking about unsafe conditions which you say is DCIs business and I agree.  But that does not answer my question of what can DCI actually do.

Well either help with the education of safety and a guideline to help OR shut them down ..Safety 1st

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

This is not the only account I've heard concerning these medical issues...Interestingly enough it closely parallels details that were quite similar yet were from a completely different source and therefore has only validated the account I was aware of about 3 weeks ago concerning the medical issue...

According to my sources DCI was aware of this medical issue at San Antonio...which has me even more concerned...thank goodness tour for Pioneer is over for this season...

sadly at that point, there may have only been so much DCI could do in the remaining weeks.

35 minutes ago, skevinp said:

That seems to be what a number of people are saying.  And some people are also saying he is so enmeshed that he can't be gotten rid of without ending the corps.  Not that I know anything.  I don't even know why a guy with an italian sounding first name and a polish sounding last name always wants to play irish music.

that was said about Hopkins too

• Like 1