Pioneer Member Rant

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

I understand all of this. The band trucks coming to Indy picking up gear that was leased by the corps yep. It change that I am pushing the status Quo is not an excuse for failure, make things happen for the good. None of this is easy but what kind of worthwhile change ever is.

The point people are making, me included, is that there is NO reason for the companies to participate in such an arrangement as you have postulated. DCI can't force a uniform...percussion...brass....etc company to participate in their activity. I see the companies just deciding it is not worth the dollars spent for no return, and then nobody benefits.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

All the power you need. Think DCA will let them in if dci band them? Screwed up as DCA is, no way in hell 

Might be interesting to have Pioneer go thru the evaluation process which I think is mainly financial. Then again that means Roman would have to open the books.

man thinking of an elderly distant relative who had cognitive and other (glug glug) problems. Dude could come up with messed up justifications for his actions and he honestly believed what he was saying. No idea of Romans mind state but “that’s the way I always did it and no one complained” can be a justification you will never break.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

The point people are making, me included, is that there is NO reason for the companies to participate

Thank You but they sure need dci expertise running things for them. A lot of great people from dci work at all these places they could push for change.

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Thank You but they sure need dci expertise running things for them. A lot of great people from dci work at all these places they could push for change.

I think you are being way too idealistic, and looking this from a corps-perspective, as opposed to business-oriented. They do not really need DCI expertise. They could just tap band people as needed from around the country. DCI-involved people working for them now may not want any part of what you suggest, knowing that it is a non-starter financially. It would hurt their own credibility with the companies. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeD said:

I think you are being way too idealistic, and looking this from a corps-perspective, as opposed to business-oriented. They do not really need DCI expertise. They could just tap band people as needed from around the country. DCI-involved people working for them now may not want any part of what you suggest, knowing that it is a non-starter financially. It would hurt their own credibility with the companies. 

Going through DCI people is just a segway to the bands.. Just an easy access mainly because many if not most involved in DCI are the same in the band world. Now the mother load is those same designers are through DCI, DCA, Soundsport BOA, local bands etc. and many successful are. These uniform companies grab a guard or drum line and rest assure those staffs are using them throughout their projects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

So you're saying this isn't the case currently?  

DCI should be the last ones to investigate anything to do with their baby.  Their investigation track record, from what I've been told, is not very good. 

Well if it is the case, then clearly there are violations if any of this 'rant' is to be believed.  I simply don't know.  

19 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

DCI needs to step in, but I think it’s time to close the doors. 

If the malfeasance is proven, Clean house... start over fresh with the same positive goals in place. If they can't or won't, unfortunately I agree.

19 minutes ago, MikeD said:

band people as needed from around the country.

Maybe so but the attire would be boring. I am a change agent worked in business but I will never be that here if only 1/3 sticks it's a good day. Thanks

Edited by Bluzes
typo