Pioneer Member Rant

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have dealt with an elderly person who could come up with the weirdest justifications for his actions.

Jim, you can eliminate the word 'Elderly' and I think it's as accurate about certain folks. :satisfied:

Been reading Virginia Cowles' "The Kaiser" and I can tell you that Bismarck and Wilhelm II as well as many of their cronies/court made a serious living doing exactly that.

I thought about this-- Many of us come from a time when a lot of things weren't thought of as "bad" but we don't continue to act like it's still  just fine to use certain words or phrases... treat people a certain way...smoke like a chimney anywhere one pleases... I can go on. Doesn't matter how old one is and they can still mind their P's and Q's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

But if you do well, they can be purrrrr-fect.

Yeah,  but I found my Sister's Himalayans never liked New York Voices for their morning music. They preferred Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and Manhattan Transfer. :satisfied:

I'm not kidding, when I cat-sat for her they got music every morning, they came up to a basket full of CD's and waited until someone played them something. Then they moved to the speakers and sat there for 2-3 tunes, then took a nap.

When I picked NY Voices, the looks... I guess they weren't 1990 Crossmen fans. :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BigW said:

Yeah,  but I found my Sister's Himalayans never liked New York Voices for their morning music. They preferred Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and Manhattan Transfer. :satisfied:

I'm not kidding, when I cat-sat for her they got music every morning, they came up to a basket full of CD's and waited until someone played them something. Then they moved to the speakers and sat there for 2-3 tunes, then took a nap.

When I picked NY Voices, the looks... I guess they weren't 1990 Crossmen fans. :laugh:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

giphy.gif

Goodness, no. :laugh: Himmies are very mild-mannered. They just looked up at me with a paniced "What are you doing!?" look and looked back at the speaker with their ears out of kilter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

He seems like the type who would dig in his feet. He’s had free reign over that corps for so long, nothing is going to change. 

I keep hearing “ he’s a good guy, good intentions” etc: bull ####. I’m not a Reddit dweller by any means but a quick search shows many concerns about them in recent years on Reddit. Trying to do things for good reasons with archaic approaches and willfully ignoring many basic behaviors gets you where you are. Staff turnover is huge because no one good wants to stay associated or fired because they can’t do their jobs as they need to be done.

if rumors are true and dci is digging in, no less than a full suspension of dci membership is needed until sweeping organizational changes are made

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

If rumors are true and dci is digging in, no less than a full suspension of dci membership is needed until sweeping organizational changes are made

You'd be safe putting money on what you're hearing. 

==

EDIT - Now that DCI's gone public with it, the next question is how RB deals with with the demands to accept adult supervision, and how far Dan A and the DCI Board is willing to go to require that the organization have a sweeping overhaul, with a Pio Board that operates in the community interest and protects members rather than being literally RB's friends and family who'll turn a blind eye to substandard operations. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Rumor was true. Well that part

5 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

You'd be safe putting money on what you're hearing. 

==

EDIT - Now that DCI's gone public with it, the next question is how RB deals with with the demands to accept adult supervision, and how far Dan A and the DCI Board is willing to go to require that the organization have a sweeping overhaul, with a Pio Board that operates in the community interest and protects members rather than being literally RB's friends and family who'll turn a blind eye to substandard operations. 

Let’s see how much publicity it gets