Pioneer Member Rant

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Exactly. Music City was allowed to move up to World Class Division from Open Class, yet was scoring lower in the Open Class than other Open Class Corps.

If you agree with this then why were you arguing with me when I made the exact same point? :spitting::wall:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

if you agree with this then why were you arguing with me when I made the exact same point?

Exactly making corps move up because of success would throw the entire balance of BDB & SCVC out of kilter.

35 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

If you agree with this then why were you arguing with me when I made the exact same point? :spitting::wall:

Because you stated.. inaccurately.. that Corps themselves get to assign themselves the Class to compete in, so long as their financials are in order. But neither " scores " nor the "Financials being in order" are enough any longer. DCI could have unilaterally moved on Pioneer years ago to move them from World Class to Open Class. Heck, if DCI HQ wants too, they can bounce a member Corps out of DCI... in ANY  Division of competition for that matter, whether their financials are in order or not.

How do we know this ? Because DCI HQ has done so. More than once too. In the Fall of 2005 for just one example, the DCI HQ Board unanimously voted to sever their relationship with the Troopers until they got a new Mgt. Board there. DCI withdrew the Troopers ability to participate for the 2006 DCI season.... in any Division. The DCI HQ BOD decision to oust the Troopers from DCI was not based entirely on financial matters either. DCI left the door open for the Troopers to reapply for DCI Membership in the future, provided there was new Mgt there that satisfied DCI's  BOD oversight responsibilities. To the Troopers credit, they brought in a new Board, and a new Corps Director, and reapplied for Membership. It was granted, and the Troopers returned to DCI membership and to World Class Division participation. DCI HQ could have moved Pioneer down to Open Class Division at any time they wanted too ( and should have long ago, imo ). if DCI HQ. can move a Corps up a Division, or out of DCI membership entirely, they most certainly have the authority to move a Corps down in Class too.

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Because you stated.. inaccurately.. that Corps themselves get to assign themselves the Class to compete in, so long as their financials are in order. But neither :" scores " nor the "Financials being in order" are enough any longer. DCI could have unilaterally moved on Pioneer years ago to move them from World Class to Open Class. Heck, if DCI HQ wants too, they can bounce a member Corps out of DCI... in ANY  Division of competition for that matter, whether their financials are in order or not.

How do we know this ? Because DCI HQ has done so. More than once too. In the Fall of 2005 for just one example, the DCI HQ Board unanimously voted to sever their relationship with the Troopers until they got a new Mgt. Board there. DCI withdrew the Troopers ability to participate for the 2006 DCI season.,, in any Division. The DCI decision to oust the Troopers was not based entirely on financial matters either. DCI left the door open for the Troopers to reapply for DCI Membership in the future, provided there was new Mgt there that satisfied DCI's oversight responsibilities. To the Troopers credit, they brought in a new Board, and a new Corps Director, and reapplied for Membership. It was granted, and the Troopers returned to DCI membership and to World Class Division participation. DCI HQ could have moved Pioneer down to Open Class Division at any time they wanted too. if DCI HQ. can move a Corps up a Division, or out of DCI, they most certainly have the authority to move them down in Class too.

DCI has NEVER in the modern era moved a corps down a class for purely competitive reasons. That was my point. By all means continue to beat the dead horse and make an argument where none exists. 

You must be fun at parties.....

• Haha 2