Pioneer Member Rant

23 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

if DCI HQ. can move a Corps up a Division, or out of DCI membership entirely, they most certainly have the authority to move a Corps down in Class too.

Good info, not knowing anything official and just what I read on here. It seems what dci can and cannot do changes by the post. You post precedent and restores my faith in dci. Thank You

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Good info, not knowing anything official and just what I read on here. It seems what dci can and cannot do changes by the post. You post precedent and restores my faith in dci. Thank You

if your bored, you can read the policies and procedures manual available on  the DCI website. they  have the corps requirements needed to tour...its like a 124 pg doc.

13 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

if your bored, you can read the policies and procedures manual available on  the DCI website. they  have the corps requirements needed to tour...its like a 124 pg doc.

Not bored just can't shut mind down. It's good to see dci is on top of all this, I was one who always thought that. Think all this Pioneer stuff needs to wind down the kids have been saved and thank god dci nipped it in the bud. 

If your bored come on over the to name the old corps site, it's fun. Since the "epic musical fail" guy is hiding under his piano somewhere and hasn't posted in days. Maybe we can live in some bliss before the next bombshell hits. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

You're welcome, bluzes.

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

Pioneer is done. Cadets were able to survive due to a large and active alumni community. Pioneer doesn't have that. I would love to be wrong and see some people step up and make something out of this awful situation but I don't see it happening.

Pio alumni usually give to

their next corps 

51 minutes ago, garfield said:

Lol 

Truth hurts

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rafael said:

If it happens at the bottom its happening at the top.

I doubt as often. The top has been doing a lot better.... it’s why they’re at the top

28 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

DCI has NEVER in the modern era moved a corps down a class for purely competitive reasons. That was my point. By all means continue to beat the dead horse and make an argument where none exists. 

You must be fun at parties.....

I don't think a WC corps has ever moved down to OC for *any* reason, competitive or backroom.  From my fuzzy memory back in the early 2000s, DCI was <deliberately> vague in adding a mechanism to demote a top-division corps when they created the WC/OC split.

Mike

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I don't think a WC corps has ever moved down to OC for *any* reason, competitive or backroom.  From my fuzzy memory back in the early 2000s, DCI was <deliberately> vague in adding a mechanism to demote a top-division corps when they created the WC/OC split.

Mike

There is the odd man out of the Blue Stars who were #2 at the first DCI World Championship; but they went to parade corps or folded status before returning in Open Class and then moving to World Class (or Div I-II-III status of that time, etc.) You get the point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

There is the odd man out of the Blue Stars who were #2 at the first DCI World Championship; but they went to parade corps or folded status before returning in Open Class and then moving to World Class (or Div I-II-III status of that time, etc.) You get the point.

Thought their feeder corps was called Blue Stars for a while. Or getting confused with Schaumburg Guardsmen