Medal Count

Who will be the next Corps to medal?

All evidence points to the Boston Crusaders.

Using the data you provided as well as some other pattern analysis I have 2 theories to answer "who will win gold the next 5 years"

Theory one uses data since 2007 when BD is incredibly dominant and 5 other corps have each medaled 1 time with no one corps having stong enough pull to stay on top with BD. Using this theory Crown begins to fade while Boston climbs and Bluecoats fade while Cavies climb. SCV hangs in there for now but doesn't win again.

2019 BD

2020 BD

2021 Boston Crusaders

2022 BD

2023 Cavaliers

Theory 2 uses data from all time and would call for a paradigm shift when another corps or 2 corps rise and compete with BD for gold consistently. This theory also takes into consideration that we have had 2 brand new gold medalist corps already this decade (there was 1 in the 80s, 2 in the 90s, 0 in the 00s)...3 new champions in 10 years would be the most since the begining. That could look something like this:

2019 BD

2020 Bluecoats

2021 SCV

2022 SCV

2023 Bluecoats

Theories aside I think any of the top 3 can win gold next year and throw Crown in if they revamp their visual program and Boston should get a medal...soon.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Who will be the next Corps to medal?

All evidence points to the Boston Crusaders.

Using the data you provided as well as some other pattern analysis I have 2 theories to answer "who will win gold the next 5 years"

Theory one uses data since 2007 when BD is incredibly dominant and 5 other corps have each medaled 1 time with no one corps having stong enough pull to stay on top with BD. Using this theory Crown begins to fade while Boston climbs and Bluecoats fade while Cavies climb. SCV hangs in there for now but doesn't win again.

2019 BD

2020 BD

2021 Boston Crusaders

2022 BD

2023 Cavaliers

Theory 2 uses data from all time and would call for a paradigm shift when another corps or 2 corps rise and compete with BD for gold consistently. This theory also takes into consideration that we have had 2 brand new gold medalist corps already this decade (there was 1 in the 80s, 2 in the 90s, 0 in the 00s)...3 new champions in 10 years would be the most since the begining. That could look something like this:

2019 BD

2020 Bluecoats

2021 SCV

2022 SCV

2023 Bluecoats

Theories aside I think any of the top 3 can win gold next year and throw Crown in if they revamp their visual program and Boston should get a medal...soon.

Both instances I could see very much happening which is crazy! I loved that you got this together! Makes this all the more fun when people participate and share thoughts! But more maybe even a more accurate outlook, what would the two theories look if combined? Would anything change? Or would it just be more like Theory 2?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Just to keep up some post season banter, I thought looking at some medal facts from the DCI era would be a cool thing which I'm sure most of you already know ha!

fBOxNdo.png

Star of Indiana's last medal was a Silver in 1993.

• Thanks 1