2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

So the other day, I heard Bluecoats mentioned as a sponsor on a local NPR station, including a blurb about their August show in Akron. The station, WKSU out of Kent State U., simulcasts on a number of frequencies in different locations, reaching something like a quarter of Ohio's counties.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So the other day, I heard Bluecoats mentioned as a sponsor on a local NPR station, including a blurb about their August show in Akron. The station, WKSU out of Kent State U., simulcasts on a number of frequencies in different locations, reaching something like a quarter of Ohio's counties.

Now if they can get their own show on there. LOL

Like the Texas A&M band, and their "Texas Aggie Band Show" on PBS in that state.

We Back

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Love WKSU. Listen to them all the time since I am in the North Canton area.  I am really looking forward to seeing what the HOF show is like in Akron vs Massillon. Sound may not be quite as good as Massillon (but still pretty good), but the stadium will definitely provide a bigger venue with more room to maneuver along with more bathroom space, etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

So quiet. Has anyone seen Bloo at Spring training ?  If the weather forecast is decent, will probably go check them out this coming weekend.

If you check them out please post something about what you saw and heard.  Something like “this reminds me of xyz Show”  😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, Triple Forte said:

If you check them out please post something about what you saw and heard.  Something like “this reminds me of xyz Show”  😊

Weather is not looking promising today at all for Marion/Gas City.😡

Edited by Forevergreen

Weather=cooperative=me happy

What can I say ?  There is no scratching your head wondering what this year’s show is about from the first few notes.  I was quite shocked for a bit. This is a bit of a zig or zag for Bloo; iconic music but definitely with Bloo swag.  I was actually expecting to hear some music I liked and somewhat confused as to a theme.  Is it a contender ?  I don’t know. There is a lot of usual demand you would expect.  Is it accessible and very fan friendly????-Oh God yes !!!   The usual -yes they sound fantastic. They are marching far more drill this year. The props are not huge, but integrated well. The music book has a ton of meat(only 12 contras this year). A big pit for Bloo (16 ?). The usual 9 snare, 4 tenor, 5 bass.  I am not sure if they have a few individuals hurt-maybe saw 4 or 5 holes tonite. I am excited to see the finished product.  Curious as to  how they will uniform this show-excited to see. I know not much to go on here, but  this slow will not disappoint this year !!!!!?

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3