2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

That's how it used to be. Now, I wanna know what they're doing early. It seems to add to the excitement of seeing them. Not knowing make me worried that I'm not going to like the music.

I know what you’re saying, but that isn’t the way it used to be.  The Super Secritive Nuclear Codes Not Release Anything Until the Last Possible Nanosecond stuff is a recent phenomenon.

3 hours ago, Quad Aces said:

I know what you’re saying, but that isn’t the way it used to be.  The Super Secritive Nuclear Codes Not Release Anything Until the Last Possible Nanosecond stuff is a recent phenomenon.

I meant that we didn't know until we got to a show and bought a program, or we eventually bought a subscription to Drum Corps World.

• Like 1

Recent alumni are raving about this show, especially talent wise. Good to hear.

Almost everyone will love the music! One of the most accessible shows ever.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I meant that we didn't know until we got to a show and bought a program, or we eventually bought a subscription to Drum Corps World.

Correct, but once that Drum Corps World edition showed up in the mail in the Spring, you had a good idea of what a lot of the corps were playing.  

So the way corps release show info today is definitely not like it used to be.

Edited by Quad Aces
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, superOOk said:

Recent alumni are raving about this show, especially talent wise. Good to hear.

Almost everyone will love the music! One of the most accessible shows ever.

I'm just hoping that they stay in their lane, which is currently presenting totally entertaining shows with arrangements that one might actually hear in a professional setting outside of drumcorps. I'm glad to hear that alumni feel they're fielding a talented corps this year. I'm sure people will be clapping their hands and throwing babies all summer long! I wish I could see them live this year, but that would be me living my dream! I'm sure I'll be happy to see them on the big screen though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm just hoping that they stay in their lane, which is currently presenting totally entertaining shows with arrangements that one might actually hear in a professional setting outside of drumcorps.

No need to worry, Bloo is in their lane.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

In the April edition of DCI today  monthly newspaper they listed almost every corps program song by song .   So some corps  are waiting almost 2 months later than that  yawn!!

• Like 1

All I have to work with is 1) it will be accessible and 2) it will have a great studio recording...

Bloo is doing "Centerfold: The Myth and Majesty of the J. Geils Band 1981-1985?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I got back to Marion yesterday. Some more detail added to props, more show on the field.  Believe what I saw was a change to the length of a part of the show.,I would say Bloo is staying true to themselves it def has their vibe .  It’s done well; I have a few reservations GE wise, but the demand is high and the talent is there.  It is a very fan friendly show. I have never been a big fan of the source music(but done well) unlike many others so it clouds me a bit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1