2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

So, regarding the source music possibly not being "fresh"- If you would just play along for a second: Hum "Ode to Joy", or sing it in your head if you deem such more appropriate according to you current surroundings. That tune is nearly 200 years old and known world wide in most every country, every culture, every house hold. One could say the same about the alleged source material for Coats. That music is only 60 or so years sold. If by not "fresh" one means it has been done before in the marching arts, well yes, but in the last few decades it is mostly played by college bands or HS bands that are largely non-competitive. For over a decade I have wanted a corps the caliber of Blooooo to bring this great music to the field. While the tunes may be 60ish years old, I assume it will be made "fresh" in a way only Bluecoats can. Can't wait to hear it. 

35 minutes ago, tigger2 said:

So, regarding the source music possibly not being "fresh"- If you would just play along for a second: Hum "Ode to Joy", or sing it in your head if you deem such more appropriate according to you current surroundings. That tune is nearly 200 years old and known world wide in most every country, every culture, every house hold. One could say the same about the alleged source material for Coats. That music is only 60 or so years sold. If by not "fresh" one means it has been done before in the marching arts, well yes, but in the last few decades it is mostly played by college bands or HS bands that are largely non-competitive. For over a decade I have wanted a corps the caliber of Blooooo to bring this great music to the field. While the tunes may be 60ish years old, I assume it will be made "fresh" in a way only Bluecoats can. Can't wait to hear it. 

So a Beatles show then? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DCI-DadJokes said:

So a Beatles show then? 

Ala 1992?   A lot of people didn’t like that show. I thought it was pretty good 🙂

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

There was a leak that reveled the possible rep for this year’s show. The leak has since been removed. 

Why was the leak removed and by who? 😮

7 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Why was the leak removed and by who? 😮

I suppose you’d have to ask the mod that removed it.

2 hours ago, DCI-DadJokes said:

So a Beatles show then? 

Well, if basing your guess off of mentioning music of the 1960s, could be: Elvis, The Doors, Temptations (topical), Stones, Simon and Garfunkel,  Beach Boys, Creedence CW, etc.

Just saying. 

• Like 2

If it’s a Beatles show, I’m cool with that.  I love the Beatles.  Grew up with them. I keep the Beatles “One” CD in my car.   I only wish I still had my Beatles lunchbox and my fab four bobble head dolls.  Darn it all.

Go Bloo! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

A clever plumber.

Nice !! Lol   

I wa just curious...