2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

This must be opposite year. So far the only show I like is Crown.  Just when I had decided I have had it with cheesy drum corps shows.  I still have faith in SCV though,  They never let me down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I only hope this isn't like when Crown did "Rachstar" in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I loved that show but there was something missing and it only felt like a mashup of songs and not a drum corps show.

That being said I can't wait to hear "I Want to Hold Your Hand" on the field.

#SixWords

posted from the DrumScorps app

The biggest problem with that show was the relatively low caliber of the percussion caption as it needed to relate to a rock music show.  They had caption deficiencies (growing pains).  Otherwise, that was an awesome concept.  My favorite Crown show ever.  Bloo isn't really in that position (unless they slip technically somewhere, like they did with drums last year).

Edited by cfirwin3

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

So the Bluecoats are performing a Beatles show, again. How does this year compare to '92? 

They’re ‘aight.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elmo Blatch said:

Folks will either love it or they won't. Some will love it out of the gate. Some folks' opinions won't be changed. Many will be in for a real surprise. The first time drum corps viewer is sure to find things in it with which they remember and can relate. 

I'm confident the design staff has created a fresh, new look and sound.  Many alumni from the 90s will be watching this with a careful eye and optimistic heart. Of all the years of the corps, 1992 was the hardest working corps the Bluecoats put on the field. That show changed so much in one year. I think there were three versions of it by Finals.  Given that 1992 was also Doug Thrower's first year with the corps, this is a touching and bittersweet way to show the growth of the corps and how far they truly have come

I liked Blue Knight's "Because" and I'm certain I'll like this year's production.  

Haha, there were so many changes to that show, there may have been three versions in a week! I lost track of how many different drills we learned for "Penny Lane". 3? 4? More? It seemed like we were changing the short-ish "Strawberry Fields" section of the show every other day. Ask anyone who marched that show, though, it is very special to us. We all rallied around it to make it work and push it into finals.

I still feel a little defensive when I see all the criticism around that year for Bloo, but then I'm not the least bit objective about it. I have to admit to feeling a little emotional today seeing "Elanor Rigby" on the list for this year's production. The '92 version was the first chart a 16-year-old me ever played at a drum and bugle corps camp.

• Like 3