2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

I LOVE this show. It’s still early but this may not just be one of my fav Bluecoats show, but fav DCI show. I love The Beatles but have never seen anyone do a show and own it the way The Bluecoats do. WOW.

i would love to see this corps win it all this year. Even if it doesn’t it will be up there as one that will stick with me. 

Fantastic job Bluecoats. Keep working your tail off. I for one appreciate what you guys are doing.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, karuna said:

So literally none of their show will be on the DVD?  Permission to arrange is one thing.  But what are the sync rights for this repertoire going to cost?  And will DCI be willing to pay them?  

All of the show will be on the Blu-ray.  Sync rights have been paid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Loved this show a ton.  Felt the same sort of excitement the way I felt about 2016 when I saw it in the theater.  I hope this does not go the way of Rach Star and not get the scores at the end.  I recorded it and I can see why visually it is scoring what it is. Either way, the members are in for a memorable season.  

• Like 4

Nice synchronicity in this show coming out as the Danny Boyle comedy Yesterday is due to be released in a week.

Okkkkkkkkayyyyyyyy. I had to work tonight; got home, took the pup on a walk, checked scores during that, and watched the interviews with the designers for both Crown & Bloo before circling back home. Multiple beers were had on the walk as well, so I might gush a bit. Found both videos on YouTube when I got back. I'm nuts about what both Crown & Bloo are doing; total opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is 6 out of 6 years in a row that Bluecoats are blowing up and reinventing what it means to be drum corps, and I couldn't be happier with what I saw! Absolutely fabulous. Carefree, full of soul, whimsical, almost ethereal. And look at those winning percussion scores to boot!! Seriously, this is just plain lighthearted fun and I'm on board with every bit of it. The uniforms are heinous, ugly, tacky, and atrocious....and somehow utterly fu*king fabulous. I could not love them more. Despite the whimsy of the show, the pacing is streamlined & full of intent and doesn't let you go. The visual design is delicious, and chockfull of brilliant staging moments (and some meaty drill). I can't wait to see how this show develops. One thing I keep returning to from last year is the surprisingly ageless & supple music book, full of nuance --- I see that they've paid the same attention to detail yet again this season. I already know this is a music book I will revisit over and over again.

One thing I think we'll all revisit ten years from now --- Bloo has been quite the leader in innovation on the field the past 6 seasons. This show takes that to yet another level. 

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 7

I have my reservations, but I know I WILL warm up to this show. A lot of things I need to see multiple times to fully get it. It is The Bluecoats after all. Also I saw some pretty bad theater bootlegs so that may also be a factor. Most memorable moment is that weird trombone solo towards the beginning.. forgive me I’m not the biggest Beatles fan. It’s a major well thought out production though I cannot deny, and so I say kudos Bluecoats. Back at it again

• Like 1

I love The BLUECOATS.

• Like 2