2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Put a chorus/overdrive effect (or a filter) on all or part of that Come Together Trumpet solo...  Maybe crossfade it in or out (probably in, so that it's full right before the ensemble hit).

Edited by cfirwin3

7 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Bluecoats, you rock. What detail, what energy, what precision, what expression. And it's only June.

And to think, besides rehearsals, they are performing this show around 24-26 more times.  Talk about athletes!

• Like 1

Top 3 were a pretty tight group score wise. It will be interesting to see where BD, SCV, and the Cavaliers fall into the competition. Hopefully they are right there in the mix and not with BD and SCV 1-2 pts above.

In other news I don't see how the Bluecoats got 3rd in brass content. Hopefully that won't be a problem down the stretch.

33 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Top 3 were a pretty tight group score wise. It will be interesting to see where BD, SCV, and the Cavaliers fall into the competition. Hopefully they are right there in the mix and not with BD and SCV 1-2 pts above.

In other news I don't see how the Bluecoats got 3rd in brass content. Hopefully that won't be a problem down the stretch.

I think that brass content placement was a "wishful thinking" figure for the judge (to the benefit of others).  I don't think that will stay that way.

They are competitive with Crown, but not really 3rd on the night in that area.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1

I expect BD and SCV to score very close to Bloo, Crown and BAC. I wouldn't compare the scores too much as they rarely project how thr season will go.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, Triple Forte said:

I am hoping Bluecoats release some info regarding their 2019 show before opening night. This waiting til you see us is an old tired   trick  😊.   Come up with something less predictable 😊

Pay attention to what Mike Scott (And Dean for that matter) says regarding this topic. It’s really not about “a big secret” to keep everyone in suspense. It’s about the performers, the show, and the chance for the performers and staff to live with it and make it theirs before it belongs to the Drum Corps community at large. Dean did a great interview with DCI and talked a lot about this. 

And ya know how some people think “it’s tired” to do that?  How about it being “tired” to still be harping on show release, not wearing blue coats and amplification. Y’all, just enjoy the season for goodness sakes. 

19 minutes ago, dans said:

I was very surprised by the small gap between Bluecoats, Crown, and Boston. I think Bluecoats design is way better than the other corps in competition last night. I was becoming bored last night until Bluecoats performed. When they get it right, Bluecoats design team is the best in DCI!

Judges played the old one tenth difference analysts and called it a night. Expect to see it all season. Makes the fan boys believe they’re only this or that behind or in front of who ever. They got the placements correct which like Ramon said is what matters. The rest is just fluff which makes all the fan boys happy happy joy joy. 

• Like 5

One other comment on Bloo. They always, in addition to their overall high energy and entertainment value, seem to add very small and subtle things to their shows that just accentuate so well. Last year with the berets and sunglasses in the pit. This year, the Ringo-like trap set with The Bluecoats on the bass drum using the exact same font as The Beatles. That was a cool touch. 

• Like 3