2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

No we can't have another Star of Indiana. God that corps was way ahead of its time.

posted from the DrumScorps app

7 hours ago, wilme861 said:

2015 was my favorite of theirs in the 2000s, before that I’ll probably go back to 2003 or so before I find a Bluecoats show I would be ok not seeing again (2011 makes it only because of Creep to be fair and yes I actually liked Imagine lol). This new age Bluecoats just isn’t doing it for me. I get why people are entertained by them but just not my cup of tea.

You have a very particular taste in Bloo shows.  What are some of your favorite shows from any corps?

• Haha 1

Thank you Bluecoats for performing a show that most people will, recognize all the music performed well.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

No we can't have another Star of Indiana. God that corps was way ahead of its time.

You do realize that Jon and Jim are the designers of Bloo, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, wilme861 said:

2015 was my favorite of theirs in the 2000s, before that I’ll probably go back to 2003 or so before I find a Bluecoats show I would be ok not seeing again (2011 makes it only because of Creep to be fair and yes I actually liked Imagine lol). This new age Bluecoats just isn’t doing it for me. I get why people are entertained by them but just not my cup of tea.

That’s all good!   Not everyone is gonna have the same tastes, which is what makes this activity interesting.  I always like hearing other people’s tastes and perspectives.   I don’t get people who will jump down everyone’s throat who has a criticism about a show they really like.  If we all liked the same things, all the shows would be the same.  

And 2015 cycles in and out as my favorite Bluecoats show, so I’ll agree with you there.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

You have a very particular taste in Bloo shows.  What are some of your favorite shows from any corps?

Just picking some of the shows I would like to see again if I could recently:

2018 Mandarins and Boston

2017 Blue Devils and Blue Knights

2016 Crown, SCV and Cavaliers

2015 The entire top 6 probably lol

As for older just generally best shows, it's tough to beat Star 91 or 93 and Phantom 03 for me

Just now, wilme861 said:

Just picking some of the shows I would like to see again if I could recently:

2018 Mandarins and Boston

2017 Blue Devils and Blue Knights

2016 Crown, SCV and Cavaliers

2015 The entire top 6 probably lol

As for older just generally best shows, it's tough to beat Star 91 or 93 and Phantom 03 for me

From what I can tell, your particular taste is in a tighter percentile from the general audience.

Bloo has been writing 'big tent' shows... sort of as a mantra.  Meaning, they want the largest group to love them for their entertainment value and then they are happy to scoop up a second and third smaller tier that can appreciate execution and a dose of esotera.

You may never really love a championship Bloo show.  But there's nothing wrong with that, of course.  My favorite BD shows of all time were 3-4 place finishes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

From what I can tell, your particular taste is in a tighter percentile from the general audience.

Bloo has been writing 'big tent' shows... sort of as a mantra.  Meaning, they want the largest group to love them for their entertainment value and then they are happy to scoop up a second and third smaller tier that can appreciate execution and a dose of esotera.

You may never really love a championship Bloo show.  But there's nothing wrong with that, of course.  My favorite BD shows of all time were 3-4 place finishes.

Exactly, I'm not an idiot and can definitely see why people love Bluecoats but I've already resigned the fact last year that I probably won't be loving them anytime soon. Their performance levels though...geez!

• Like 1

1 hours ago, superOOk said:

7 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

You do realize that Jon and Jim are the designers of Bloo, right?

I just mention that because they eventually left drum corps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I just mention that because they eventually left drum corps.

But because of David Glasgow they came back!

• Like 3