2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Wonder if the corps will watch the movie "Yesterday"?

Kinda Zen considering their show and the movies premise.

• Like 2

The Dan Potter podcast gave a great amount of info for this show

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuvsPAisTe said:

Nit-picky about the show: Drums should be black oyster pearl (like Ringo's kit) even though the natural wood looks nice.

Check out Ringo's kit in the final performance (on the roof)...one of the few Beatles kits that Ringo still owns!

• Like 1

Anyone else feel that the 'Come Together' blues shout chorus may very well fulfill the price of admission all by itself?

That's a rippin' chunk of music.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 9

Right now my favorite part of the show is the Eleanor Rigby. Give me that dark, chocolately low brass all day, thank you. 

• Like 5

There's quite a bit of throwback in this show (makes sense if you're taking the show as a retrospective on the recent direction the Bluecoats have taken). The obvious blue/orange (and ramps) for Tilt, the counterpoint for Kinetic Noise, lots of Indian/Afro-Cuban stuff for Downside Up, the black/white vs color juxtaposition for Jagged Line. I don't see a connection to Session 44, maybe the latticework on the props could be said to be similar to the visual motives of S44. 

Edited by pudding
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, pudding said:

There's quite a bit of throwback in this show (makes sense if you're taking the show as a retrospective on the recent direction the Bluecoats have taken). The obvious blue/orange (and ramps) for Tilt, the counterpoint for Kinetic Noise, lots of Indian/Afro-Cuban stuff for Downside Up, the black/white vs color juxtaposition for Jagged Line. I don't see a connection to Session 44, maybe the latticework on the props could be said to be similar to the visual motives of S44. 

I'm thinking the use of the female voice is a call back to Session 44.

• Like 2