2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

The legit “get off my lawn!” 

This is why I hated being in the seat in front of drummers on tour! I really get it! 

I can’t stand my neighbor to the right.  I’m thinking about inviting them over for warmups at the Lisle show.  Block her driveway with a bus, too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

She’s not quite as heinous as BBQ Becky but rates pretty high. I wonder if that lot was part of the school or not. 

Uhh unless I'm seeing things, BC drumline was straight up in someone's yard. I'd be p*ssed off too 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

Uhh unless I'm seeing things, BC drumline was straight up in someone's yard. I'd be p*ssed off too 

I get the lack of basic civility if that was someone’s yard and not part of the school grounds. Rude. Many schools kind of blend into the neighborhood if they have a park like setting. 

Eh... If a hot rod convention rolled into town and a bunch of cars pulled up on my lawn, I would pitch a fit... especially after one of the strangers tried to contest my property rights.

Context.

What's the reaction when someone tries to walk through a lined horn block?.. Hmmm... Hits close to home now.  And horn blocks don't pay taxes a mortgage, utilities and work hard to preserve equity.

Best response would have been.  Cut.  "Oh excuse us ma'am.  We apologize.  Where does the property line start?  We hope you'll come and enjoy the drumcorps show tonight".  NOT a shake of the head, as if...

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

She lives by a school.  It’s always the same.  People buy homes by schools and are surprised when school things happen there. Or they buy a house by the airport and then complain that airplanes are taking off from there. 

I bought my house by neither a school or an airport.  But I do live by a ramp to I-88.  I knew there would be highway traffic noise. I have no grounds to complain 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

She lives by a school.  It’s always the same.  People buy homes by schools and are surprised when school things happen there. Or they buy a house by the airport and then complain that airplanes are taking off from there. 

I bought my house by neither a school or an airport.  But I do live by a ramp to I-88.  I knew there would be highway traffic noise. I have no grounds to complain 

People complained for years about the noise from Stapleton airport in Denver. So, finally in 1991 or so they built DIA east out on.the prairie....well, businesses came, houses came and people now complain about noise from jets again.

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Haha 3