2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

41 minutes ago, rcb05 said:

If you live by an airport you know there will be noise from the planes. That doesn't mean you'd be cool with them taxi-ing through your flowerbed.

Hey! Move your plane!  Can’t you see my dog’s trying to pee over there?!?!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I guess the show promoters should now provide corps administrators with municipal land surveyor charts so they know where the school property ends. 🙄

What? Those drummers were literally in that person's yard. They could have turned around, knocked on the door and asked for a glass of lemonade. 

Even as a former marching member I wouldn't want any of that going on near my house. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

What? Those drummers were literally in that person's yard. They could have turned around, knocked on the door and asked for a glass of lemonade. 

Even as a former marching member I wouldn't want any of that going on near my house. 

So many shows especially in the NE back in my days we would set up shop for brass warmup in the neighborhood. Beverly, MA Rome, NY Lynn, MA maybe these types of shows are being phased out but many of these shows made the neighborhood aware of the increased traffic and where hospitable to having a world class musical ensemble at their doorstep... Unless you have a little baby inside trying to sleep, Let'em drum for 30 minutes...

• Thanks 1

We had a large band where I grew up in CO for a very small HS {300 students, 150-175 in marching band}.  We had summer band practices at 630 in the morning- marching through neighborhoods. and we were loud.....Problem is, the town was so small you could hear us on the other side of town   Oh people complained, we never stopped...it literally was the only successful thing in that town or school.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

We had a large band where I grew up in CO for a very small HS {300 students, 150-175 in marching band}.  We had summer band practices at 630 in the morning- marching through neighborhoods. and we were loud.....Problem is, the town was so small you could hear us on the other side of town   Oh people complained, we never stopped...it literally was the only successful thing in that town or school.

Our junior high band practiced practically right up to the front yards of homes. 

People were more tolerant and less miserable then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HolyNOLA said:

Maybe you should google earth the area around Hamilton high school.

• Like 3