2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

What???  You don't think that Bluecoats members and staff don't know they have the overall #1 score in DCI this year and that they sit atop the DCI rankings?  You don't think they will work their butts off to stay there?

You don't think the #2 corps Boston doesn't want to work harder to get to that #1 spot?

You don't think the defending champ Vanguard is content to sit in 3rd place and make excuses that they "haven't met head-to-head" yet?

You don't think that Phantom is relieved to now be sitting in 12th spot instead of 13th, and now they are working hard to stay there?

I think they all DO know. 

Scores may be meaningless to you, but in competition, scores and rankings is partly what motivates ALL the corps.

Well, I actually agree with oldbandguy.  I think one can project about scores, but until they are head to head, you dont really know where everyone will stack up.  Oldbandguy, in his time, was very successful band director in Newark, Ohio.  I am not sure that scores are all that drive perforners.  I was in a fast food restaurant after the Hamilton show-filled with kids from a variety of corps-never heard convo about scores, but I did hear a lot of members ask each other if they had a good show.

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

I am not sure that scores are ALL that drive perforners.

wvu80:  "but in competition, scores and rankings is partly what motivates ALL the corps. "

So you agree with me, then.  Thanks for your support!    😎 😀 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What???  You don't think that Bluecoats members and staff don't know they have the overall #1 score in DCI this year and that they sit atop the DCI rankings?  You don't think they will work their butts off to stay there?

You don't think the #2 corps Boston doesn't want to work harder to get to that #1 spot?

You don't think the defending champ Vanguard is content to sit in 3rd place and make excuses that they "haven't met head-to-head" yet?

You don't think that Phantom is relieved to now be sitting in 12th spot instead of 13th, and now they are working hard to stay there?

I think they all DO know. 

Scores may be meaningless to you, but in competition, scores and rankings is partly what motivates ALL the corps.

Maybe you missed the reading comprehension class at WVU 🙂

• Haha 1

tWINaEE.png

Bloo Bangers

• Like 3

lq3KMh0.png

📷 PC: Samia Mooney

• Like 3

SGUitOx.png

Bluecoats screamer Luis-Angel Gonzalez 🎺💪💙

• Like 2

Just now, Precious Roy said:

Love the drum major outfits. They (the drum majors, not their clothes) need to smile more.

I think that’s their game face.

• Like 1