2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

55 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Here comes the changes, and I say...

It's all right

Can't wait to see what they reveal next.

• Like 1

With Bloo hitting near record numbers along with BD, could we see 1st and 2nd place scoring 98 with 1st possibly hitting 99

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

With Bloo hitting near record numbers along with BD, could we see 1st and 2nd place scoring 98 with 1st possibly hitting 99

posted from the DrumScorps app

I think that the proficiency scores will max out at perfect scores.  But with the differences in design, I think that there may end up being some space between in the content area.  With nobody getting perfect scores across the board there.

It will be hard to get perfect scores in GE.  Likewise, I wouldn't doubt that a 3rd and 4th party will be winning captions at the end.

I don't think we will see a record high this year... not unless the 1st place corps runs away with it, sweeping all captions.

A majority of perfect subcaption scores are needed to exceed the record high.  There may be too much competition to pull that off.

• Like 4

On 7/7/2019 at 10:53 PM, Terri Schehr said:

No one was experimenting with eastern music like the Beatles after their association with Ravi Shankar.  It was groundbreaking. 

The Kinks?  The Yardbirds?  David Crosby?  Coltrane?  Heck Yehudi Menuhin (sp?)  ?The Beatles were a phenomenon but they didn't break that ground. 

Edited by karuna

44 minutes ago, karuna said:

The Kinks?  The Yardbirds?  David Crosby?  Coltrane?  Heck Yehudi Menuhin (sp?)  ?The Beatles were a phenomenon but they didn't break that ground. 

Ehem....

"No ABSURDLY POPULAR TEEN HEARTTHROB ROCK SENSATION BOY BAND was experimenting with eastern music like the Beatles after their association with Ravi Shankar.  It was groundbreaking"

Fixed it 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Ehem....

"No ABSURDLY POPULAR TEEN HEARTTHROB ROCK SENSATION BOY BAND was experimenting with eastern music like the Beatles after their association with Ravi Shankar.  It was groundbreaking"

Fixed it 😉

I guess people need to pick apart everything you write.  I prefer not to feed people who come onto this thread to troll.  Here and Boston. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I guess people need to pick apart everything you write.  I prefer not to feed people who come onto this thread to troll.  Here and Boston. 

That’s not my intention.  It’s just that Ravi’s influence far exceeded the Beatles.  Amazing really.  There were a LOT of influential people he managed to reach.  And lot of those people influenced the Beatles. 

No trolling Bloo.  Said from the first show I was in love.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, karuna said:

Oh and Thrower’s arrangement is sheer genius.  Next to Crown, Bluecoats have been my favorite brass line for a decade.  Severely overlooked IMHO.   

They were actually surprisingly close to winning the Ott Award in 2016.

• Like 2