2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Just now, MikeRapp said:

My point is, being dark and moody doesn’t make you more creative, artistic or interesting.

Now you're just arguing a straw man. Who said this? 

I think you're misconstruing the reasons why people see a show and say "that's so BOA" (which also isn't a bad thing in of itself)

30 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think there's very much a sufficient amount of variety this year. I don't understand the need to say "we need less dark and moody shows" when there are plenty of corps who aren't doing those type of shows 

This year (And an ongoing trend overall in all the circuits, boa, wgi imo.)  features way too many cerebral shows.  Good variety would include more straight forward themes.  To me Bluecoats is just plan cool, hip and fun and no one sounds like them this season so they are also original. 

• Like 6

I guess it’s not up to us to determine what “a good mix” is, or whether that should even matter to member corps. But, if you want to stand out from the crowd, and you don’t have medalist talent, I might suggest a good path would be to not try too hard to be moody and dark. You may think it makes you look edgier and more creative, but usually it’s the opposite.

To me, the wonder of Drum Corps Bride was that they weren’t trying to be taken “seriously.” Like every good coach, the designers put their team in the best chance to succeed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I guess it’s not up to us to determine what “a good mix” is, or whether that should even matter to member corps. But, if you want to stand out from the crowd, and you don’t have medalist talent, I might suggest a good path would be to not try too hard to be moody and dark. You may think it makes you look edgier and more creative, but usually it’s the opposite.

To me, the wonder of Drum Corps Bride was that they weren’t trying to be taken “seriously.” Like every good coach, the designers put their team in the best chance to succeed. 

It really just seems you're arguing at air if I'm being honest with you. 

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

This year (And an ongoing trend overall in all the circuits, boa, wgi imo.)  features way too many cerebral shows.  Good variety would include more straight forward themes.  To me Bluecoats is just plan cool, hip and fun and no one sounds like them this season so they are also original. 

I don't think it's too difficult to appreciate a show at its surface without understanding it at a deeper level. You're presenting binary options when it isn't one or the other 

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It really just seems you're arguing at air if I'm being honest with you. 

I’m not arguing.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:35 AM, MikeRapp said:

When do you think we see the new ending? Nashville?

What's the first show after War Memorial

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 10:46 PM, OhioBoy_99 said:

So were the changes to Bloos show fairly significant?

Small stuff. New major chord at end of Rigby, new riff from Contras at end of Blackbird, some new visual stuff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Small stuff. New major chord at end of Rigby, new riff from Contras at end of Blackbird, some new visual stuff

Thought I was just being ignored haha! But thank you! I ended up finding a video of the performance the next day and loving all the changes. I did notice that after the 3rd show or so of the season, they shortened that opening chord that led to the decrescendo and I wish they would lengthen it again! Loved hearing that wall of sound a little longer 

• Like 1