2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Has anyone here heard of a 1976 film called All This and World War Two, which sets documentary clips from WWII to cover versions of Beatles songs by the likes of the Bee Gees, Peter Gabriel, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner, Helen Reddy, and more? It's never gotten an official video release.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been discussed in the past 75 pages, but overall, Blooo's guard seems to be of a higher caliber this year than I remember from the past. Anyone know if the WGI IW group has carried members over into the summer? Or if the same staff is designing and teaching both?

3 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Not sure if this has been discussed in the past 75 pages, but overall, Blooo's guard seems to be of a higher caliber this year than I remember from the past. Anyone know if the WGI IW group has carried members over into the summer? Or if the same staff is designing and teaching both?

Don’t know for sure, but I know that Bloo’s current CG Caption Head is in her second year at this corps and that she was previously the caption head with PR.

By the way, last year’s Bluecoats guard actually took first in the Achievement subcaption at both Semis and Finals.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Don’t know for sure, but I know that Bloo’s current CG Caption Head is in her second year at this corps and that she was previously the caption head with PR.

By the way, last year’s Bluecoats guard actually took first in the Achievement subcaption at both Semis and Finals.

Thanks for that! I haven't watched Session 44 recently, I just remember the awesome brass book. Will have to go back and checkout the guard in more detail. 

8 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

They’ve put together quite the staff.  Seems like just adding more names than changing a lot.  Lots of fun to watch work.  

• Like 4

Yeah guard was extremely good last year and within a few tenths of BD and BAC at the top.  They difficulty increased nicely late in the season and one of the cleanest groups all year.  Nothing surprising about them killing it again this season. 

• Like 2

In my honest opinion...there have been a few runs of Come Together where they lose control. There is a fine line between being edgy/jazzy/dirty(good dirty) and just blasting and loosing musicality.

I have also heard runs of Come Together that are out magic. I just hope they are rewarded for the more magic runs 🙂

2 hours ago, palmettomello said:

The answer is YES!  Several members of Bloo Indoor are marching this year with Bluecoats...one of the goals of forming a World Class WGI group.
And YES a lot of carry over in instructors.

With Pride of Cincinnati not fielding a group next year and with the success of the guard this summer  I would think auditions for BI will see very good numbers with a lot of talent.

BTW...those auditions will be September 14 and 15 in Indianapolis!

• Like 7

Broken Arrow! Are you ready to rumble!?!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3