2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

2 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

One of the West Virginia boys, lead sop player, Paul Summers. Those shako plumes were short anyways! but yeah, I always wished the game had better teams.

don't know if you remember me,  played cymbals in 82,  my brother ron was on Lead Bari though. 

I've been trying to read around to see if their halftime performance at the NFL Hall of Fame Game will be televised and no luck so far 😓 (Wishful thinking I know). Either way this is a huge opportunity for the corps! I went in 2014 (barely remember the game itself) but I remember they brought Tennessee State's marching band up to perform and that was a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully NFL gets something worked out to showcase halftime on a national scale along with the game. But enough of my ramblings.

Also Bloo is rehearsing in Little Rock currently. Isn't this usually the stop of the tour where they add their new ending? 😁 

I’m not seeing this corps peak anytime soon. I’ve heard a few people being worried about it, but the corps still has so much to work on, as well as a new ending to put on. This is the Bluecoat’s year.

Meanwhile, I hope this is the year they grab the Ott! They play beautifully. 

LETS GO BLOO!!!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

I went in 2014 (barely remember the game itself)

That’s OK, we all know that football is just a long warmup act for the halftime show!

• Like 2

Just now, OhioBoy_99 said:

I don't think anyone here would disagree with that statement 😄

In my hometown, the band boosters ran a billboard advert. that read:

"The show starts at half time"

The football boosters didn't take kindly to that one.

10 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

In my hometown, the band boosters ran a billboard advert. that read:

"The show starts at half time"

The football boosters didn't take kindly to that one.

You're tellin' me that they didn't know the only reason anyone was at the game was to see the halftime show? :wink:

In all seriousness I was pretty fortunate to grow up in a town that valued the band just as much as the football team. Think they have that old advert sitting around anywhere tho? haha!

1 hour ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

You're tellin' me that they didn't know the only reason anyone was at the game was to see the halftime show? :wink:

In all seriousness I was pretty fortunate to grow up in a town that valued the band just as much as the football team. Think they have that old advert sitting around anywhere tho? haha!

That's the rub.  Given the competitive history of the team... halftime was indeed the reason for going.