2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

16 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Was the beginning of Within You Without You played differently tonight?

What part of the beginning?

posted from the DrumScorps app

55 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

The very beginning, before the vocals. I don't know how else to describe it. Lol.

Sounded (on the 'scope I caught) that the mic for the trombonist to open that wasn't working, so the theremin(?) effect off of his notes wasn't working either.

Edited by ftwdrummer

On 7/20/2019 at 6:03 AM, cfirwin3 said:

Even so... The content score is whack.

I'm surprised that the pro-on-field-judge crowd isn't chanting a loud unison "we told you so" with the hops and jumps that we are seeing.

Oh I'm right here. No one will ever convince me that rule change was a good idea in any shape or form

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

Sounded (on the 'scope I caught) that the mic for the trombonist to open that wasn't working, so the theremin/sitar effect off of his notes wasn't working either.

Ok. Yeah, I'm used to hearing more effects in that section than trombone. Tonight, it sounded like all trombone, and I thought that was a new thing (played live, versus electronically).

Just now, Precious Roy said:

Ok. Yeah, I'm used to hearing more effects in that section than trombone. Tonight, it sounded like all trombone, and I thought that was a new thing (played live, versus electronically).

Yeah, best I can tell it's been live with patch effects off of those notes (a la the baritone-with-muted-trumpet-patch in 2010) all season except tonight.

• Thanks 1

BLUECOATS!  Loved getting to see this show over the last few days.  Tonight was really tight compared to San Antonio.  Again, they have put together such a seamless and amazing tribute to the Beatles and really showing who they are as performers again this year.  Can't wait to see what they're up to at War Memorial stadium over the next few days, I'm sure it's gonna be fun.  

• Like 6

I'm willing to bet their closer is put on the field at War Memorial on the 24th

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

7 hours ago, monoemono said:

More hype is needed in this thread. Bloo still undefeated as of tonight!! Let's gooooooooooo!!! :babies:

We are a humble, cautiously optimistic bunch here.

• Like 5