2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Nice win yesterday Bloo!!  Love this show - can’t wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!!

Forgive me if this has been posted before and I haven’t seen it.  Does anyone know (or can point me to a list) of ALL of the Beatles’ song references in the show?  Dean Westman mentioned in the Tour Premiere in the theaters that there were 19 total songs referenced.  Their website only seems to list the “major” songs used.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Nice win yesterday Bloo!!  Love this show - can’t wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!!

Forgive me if this has been posted before and I haven’t seen it.  Does anyone know (or can point me to a list) of ALL of the Beatles’ song references in the show?  Dean Westman mentioned in the Tour Premiere in the theaters that there were 19 total songs referenced.  Their website only seems to list the “major” songs used.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe this will help:

Bluecoats Present "The Bluecoats" In 2019 Feat. The Beatles
https://www.flomarching.com/articles/6519692-bluecoats-present-the-bluecoats-in-2019-feat-the-beatles
Jun 20, 2019
Andy Schamma
"The title is simply just a nod to their eponymous 1968 album, 'The White Album,'" explains Westman".

The corps also unveiled the show on their own website filled with drafts of their uniforms, a full setlist, and an explanation of the inspiration for their 2019 program.
https://bluecoats.com/thebluecoats

Bluecoats program SET LIST
1. A DAY IN THE LIFE
2. I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND
3. ELEANOR RIGBY
4. WITHIN YOU WITHOUT YOU
5. BLACKBIRD
6. COME TOGETHER
7. I WANT YOU (SHE’S SO HEAVY)
8. THE END

The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) - discogs.com
https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The-Beatles-White-Album/release/12787169

The Beatles (White Album) (2018 Mix) Tracklist

1 Back In The U.S.S.R. 2:43 
2 Dear Prudence 3:56 
3 Glass Onion 2:17 
4 Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da 3:08 
5 Wild Honey Pie 0:52 
6 The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill 3:14 
7 While My Guitar Gently Weeps 4:45 
8 Happiness Is A Warm Gun 2:43 
9 Martha My Dear 2:28 
10 I'm So Tired 2:03 
11 Blackbird 2:18 
12 Piggies 2:04 
13 Rocky Raccoon 3:33 
14 Don't Pass Me By 3:50 
15 Why Don't We Do It In The Road? 1:40 
16 I Will 1:44 
17 Julia 2:56 
18 Birthday 2:43 
19 Yer Blues 4:00 
20 Mother Nature's Son 2:48 
21 Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey 2:25 
22 Sexy Sadie 3:15 
23 Helter Skelter 4:29 
24 Long, Long, Long 3:04 
25 Revolution 1 4:16 
26 Honey Pie 2:41 
27 Savoy Truffle 2:54 
28 Cry Baby Cry 3:02 
29 Revolution 9 8:22 
30 Good Night 3:14

Esher Demos 
31 Back In The U.S.S.R. (Esher Demo) 3:00 
32 Dear Prudence (Esher Demo) 4:47 
33 Glass Onion (Esher Demo) 1:55 
34 Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Esher Demo) 3:10 
35 The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill (Esher Demo) 2:40 
36 While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Esher Demo) 2:41 
37 Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Esher Demo) 1:55 
38 I'm So Tired (Esher Demo) 3:10 
39 Blackbird (Esher Demo) 2:34 
40 Piggies (Esher Demo) 2:05 
41 Rock Raccoon (Esher Demo) 2:44 
42 Julia (Esher Demo) 3:56 
43 Yer Blues (Esher Demo) 3:31 
44 Mother Nature's Son (Esher Demo) 2:24 
45 Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey (Esher Demo) 3:03 
46 Sexy Sadie (Esher Demo) 2:26 
47 Revolution (Esher Demo) 4:06 
48 Honey Pie (Esher Demo) 1:59 
49 Cry Baby Cry (Esther Demo) 2:27 
50 Sour Milk Sea (Esher Demo) 3:43 
51 Junk (Esher Demo) 2:36 
52 Child Of Nature (Esher Demo) 2:37 
53 Circles (Esher Demo) 2:16 
54 Mean Mr. Mustard (Esher Demo) 2:05 
55 Polythene Pam (Esher Demo) 1:26 
56 Not Guilty (Esher Demo) 3:05 
57 What's The New Mary Jane (Esher Demo) 2:42 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

I've read complaints in the show thread about how much amplification Bluecoats have in their show.  Well, from my seat about 20 rows up in section 126c last night, Bloo's show seemed a lot more...shall we say... acoustic than the corps right before them. I mean, on the last big musical hit, that prior corps had as much horn sound coming from the speaker as it did from the field. Bloo's volume seemed like half of what came before them, but it was all coming from the field.

I thought the same thing.  The two that sandwiched Bloo were as boomy as hell.   I was in 127c row 4. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quad Aces said:

Thanks in advance!

PRESHOW Revolution #9

MVT 1 Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, A Day in the Life, Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Guitar chord A Hard Days Night, Ringo drum solo The End, Power Chord from A Day in the Life, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Yesterday

MVT 2 Eleanor Rigby, I Want to Hold You Hand

MVT 3 Within You Without You, Here Comes the Sun

MVT 4 Dear Prudence, Black Bird

MVT 5 Come Together, She's So Heavy

CODA Hey Jude, The End Piano Chord from A Day in the Life

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

I've read complaints in the show thread about how much amplification Bluecoats have in their show.  Well, from my seat about 20 rows up in section 126c last night, Bloo's show seemed a lot more...shall we say... acoustic than the corps right before them. I mean, on the last big musical hit, that prior corps had as much horn sound coming from the speaker as it did from the field. Bloo's volume seemed like half of what came before them, but it was all coming from the field.

The last few years the Blue Devils crank the heck out of the Goo. To the point that they should take a hit in Music Analysis scores.

BD is also adding artificial reverb and a ton of goo to their ballad hits, which I think is hilarious compared to say Crown, which is pristine brass.

It sounds awful and it sounds like they are using it as a crutch this year.

2 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

Have you ever noticed those moments in the older accoustic shows when you can hear a horn or a section stick out as they hit your 'line of sight'?

So it goes with amps... They have a line of projection that can make certain seats unbalanced.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Have you ever noticed those moments in the older accoustic shows when you can hear a horn or a section stick out as they hit your 'line of sight'?

So it goes with amps... They have a line of projection that can make certain seats unbalanced.

Oh, for sure. That's why I was careful to word it as "from my seat." 

Just came from their rehearsal in Winston-Salem. This show is 10x better in person than any video. Absolutely amazing.

Also, they cut the silence between "She's So Heavy" and the pitch bend into "Hey Jude". Flow is much better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1