2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Anyone know the justification for the new ending? I must say the new ending (Hey Jude) is one of the biggest disappointments of this season. Their old ending was the absolute perfect end to an amazing production. The new ending is abrupt (very strange transition) and void of emotional connection. Additionally, the pacing of it makes the bow at the end seem odd. I absolutely love the 2019 Bluecoats; however, I think they may have shot themselves in the foot with the new ending. Regardless, I do hope they win it all!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dans said:

Anyone know the justification for the new ending? I must say the new ending (Hey Jude) is one of the biggest disappointments of this season. Their old ending was the absolute perfect end to an amazing production. The new ending is abrupt (very strange transition) and void of emotional connection. Additionally, the pacing of it makes the bow at the end seem odd. I absolutely love the 2019 Bluecoats; however, I think they may have shot themselves in the foot with the new ending. Regardless, I do hope they win it all!

My best explanation:

There is the GE that you miss from the place holder ending that they had (all well reasoned)... and then there is another variety of General Effect:

Sweat Caroline "BAH BAH BAHHH"

Good times never seemed so good

"SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD"

They are going for the second type.  It also happens to give them more opportunity to provide visual content for a show that needs to compete a little better in that area.  Honestly, in a medium that has been consistently placing the interests of the art form above the viewer (for decades now)... I find the choice to pursue the latter solution both refreshing and admirable.

I do agree that they need to work out a better transition that comes across with a clearer inevitability... and they should do it quickly so they can have it 'down pat' for finals week.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

My best explanation:

There is the GE that you miss from the place holder ending that they had (all well reasoned)... and then there is another variety of General Effect:

Sweat Caroline "BAH BAH BAHHH"

Good times never seemed so good

"SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD"

They are going for the second type.  It also happens to give them more opportunity to provide visual content for a show that needs to compete a little better in that area.  Honestly, in a medium that has been consistently placing the interests of the art form above the viewer (for decades now)... I find the choice to pursue the latter solution both refreshing and admirable.

I do agree that they need to work out a better transition that comes across with a clearer inevitability... and they should do it quickly so they can have it 'down pat' for finals week.

Thanks...you make some good points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dans said:

I preferred the previous ending also, I felt it was nearly perfect. 

I'm willing to be open minded though that this new ending is still a work in progress and look forward to how it evolves from here to Finals.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I'm willing to be open minded though that this new ending is still a work in progress and look forward to how it evolves from here to Finals.

Their staff obviously knows what they are doing. I'm sure they will make additional tweaks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

In the music business, we called this demo love. Once you’ve heard the raw original version of the song, and fell in love with it, you just couldn’t hear it a different way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The corps has three days this week with no shows (although they do have some Hall of Fame stuff). I imagine a lot of that time will be used to smooth out the new ending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1