2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

6 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I hate to say it, but Bloo may need to get used to the title of Crowd Favorite, but not Champion

:: Checks the calendar ::

Not yet they don’t.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I hate to say it, but Bloo may need to get used to the title of Crowd Favorite, but not Champion

Cool.  They are fine with that.

But I wouldn't be so sure.  That overall margin is ridiculous.  A single caption is in play at .2 and the overall margin is less than .3 right now.  Bloo is just one or 2 outstanding achievement scores (which they have done) from taking it back.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

I'll take that ANY DAY 🏆🏆🏆

• Like 2

Watching the weather for Newark rehearsal. Planning on flying down in BlooForceOne tomorrow night. 🚀🛩️💙🍁

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

Cool.  They are fine with that.

But I wouldn't be so sure.  That overall margin is ridiculous.  A single caption is in play at .2 and the overall margin is less than .3 right now.  Bloo is just one or 2 outstanding achievement scores (which they have done) from taking it back.

Yeah, I hear you. But when your main competition fields over 60–six zero—staffers and can take most of the weeks before finals off to clean and perfect every single moment of every single show...lets just say, it’s not exactly a surprise that BD always seems to get those last half point margins they need to win the gold.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Yeah, I hear you. But when your main competition fields over 60–six zero—staffers and can take most of the weeks before finals off to clean and perfect every single moment of every single show...lets just say, it’s not exactly a surprise that BD always seems to get those last half point margins they need to win the gold.

Many of those staffers are volunteers, not paid. 

Number of shows per corps not including prelims-finals this season

Blue Devils: 24

Bluecoats: 28

SCV: 24

Carolina Crown: 24

BAC: 24

Cavies: 26

Blue Stars: 28

Blue Knights: 22

Cadets: 33

Mandarins: 24

Phantom Regiment: 27

Crossmen: 23

Mean: 25.5 shows

Median: 24 shows

Mode: 24 shows

Highest: Cadets at 33

Lowest: Blue Knights at 22

I'll let that marinate for a bit :beer:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Many of those staffers are volunteers, not paid. 

Not just volunteers, but all of them aren't even on tour the whole summer.

Bloo even has a comparable number of staff, so not sure why some see this as some kind of disadvantage. It's not even out of the ordinary for World Class corps. For example,  BK ~50, Crown ~60, Vanguard ~60.

Edited by dcsnare93

11 hours ago, tedrick said:

I was trying to recall another instance in the history of drum corps where the audience spontaneously responding to a corps' performance by singing --

Can anyone recall a similar example to what happened Saturday night in in Atlanta?

the only thing that is coming to mind is "Beef" from Cadets 1996 -

I really hope fans in the stands keep up singing Hey Jude!

I am Spartacus!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I saw this discussion about staff elsewhere.  That's a fairly big misconception (like the recruitment make-up one).  The other contending corps (especially the ones with full time administration) have similar lists of staffing.

BD should be a Texas corps.  Everything that is said about them is larger than life. 😀

They are contenders (nearly) every year (they weren't last year) when the rest are usually not.  But they have to work out the same strategy and woodshed time as the rest.

The margins are extremely tight.  A little bit can't really go a long way and a lot can mean only a little at this point.

• Like 2