2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

That is the Bluecoats' choice. My overall point is that BD schedules shows very much in line with the rest of the top 12, this so called ability to "take the week off before finals" isn't unique to them and having seen Bloo's 990s, I'm sure they could do the same if they chose. 

Bluecoats home show is the last (along with Lake Erie Fanfare) before finals. I'm not suggesting they skip it. It's a privilege to have that.

Their band of excellence and HOF game stuff is fantastic for the whole drum corps community.

I don't think missing this show is necessarily an advantage on BD's part.

Yesterday-where I meant to post in the post ATL prediction thread was to open up a discussion about the extra opportunity for motivation that the Bluecoats have vs the practice time BD has. 

It's a moot point though an @cfirwin3 is right. This is a great year and there are only 1-2 shows in the whole top 12 that I am neutral/don't like...all of the others I am very excited to see live next week!

I wasn't trying to open up the whole BD doesn't have enough shows debate (I would love for them to come to Akron though...as I am sure west coast fans would love to see the Bluecoats in California)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Bluecoats home show is the last (along with Lake Erie Fanfare) before finals. I'm not suggesting they skip it. It's a privilege to have that.

Their band of excellence and HOF game stuff is fantastic for the whole drum corps community.

I don't think missing this show is necessarily an advantage on BD's part.

Yesterday-where I meant to post in the post ATL prediction thread was to open up a discussion about the extra opportunity for motivation that the Bluecoats have vs the practice time BD has. 

It's a moot point though an @cfirwin3 is right. This is a great year and there are only 1-2 shows in the whole top 12 that I am neutral/don't like...all of the others I am very excited to see live next week!

I wasn't trying to open up the whole BD doesn't have enough shows debate (I would love for them to come to Akron though...as I am sure west coast fans would love to see the Bluecoats in California)

@Cappybara is just calling out my throwing shade on prognosticating in a discussion forum.

No worries.

I just like to point out that it IS prognostication.  There is no reason to actually suspect major motion all of the sudden given the score ceilings, time that has past, time that is left and about a dozen other things that are what they are.

This is a competitive year that started as such and will end as such.

When it's done, everyone will posit their absolutely certain theories about how one group out managed the other and won over supremely (in spite of an overall point advantage of a few tenths... more or less).  I just like to openly critique that kind of discussion when I can.  It's my job.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 3

i'll paraphrase a much maligned and hated member of our activity...Bloo has a top class design, SCV has the best performers, BD has the most balanced show...so what does this mean for the last 1-1/2 weeks? I don't see any major changes between now and next thursday, so now is the time to clean the execution if Bloo can clean the feet, playing, etc enough to make up a few tenths to stay close enough to BD and use the GE to finish the job...i dont think they can improve the book numbers too too much now. win or lose, this 2019 production will get a ton of play in my car and while i workout...its fun, and it looks like the kids are having fun doing it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

as I am sure west coast fans would love to see the Bluecoats in California)

I can't guarantee alot of things in life. But one guarantee i can give is if Bloo ever comes out here to Cali, we will show them love and cheers to the max. Us Cali fans always appreciate corps from the midwest and back east coming out west and gracing us with their presence. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Assuming cooperative weather, what time is ensemble tonite at Newark HS ?  Did not see their schedule posted on their FB page. Thanks.

I don’t have the schedule, but 7:00 is always a safe bet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Assuming cooperative weather, what time is ensemble tonite at Newark HS ?  Did not see their schedule posted on their FB page. Thanks.

Copied post by @oldbandguy from another thread:

For the fourth consecutive year the Bluecoats will be rehearsing at Newark High School prior to beginning the final leg of their tour.  The evening rehearsal block is open to the public.  The block will run from 7:30-9:30 followed by a full run of their show "The Bluecoats" and some encore selections.

The admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students.  The proceeds will be split between the corps and the Pride of Newark band.  The Bluecoats merchandise stand will be open and the band boosters will operate a food/drink concession stand.

White Field is located at the corner of 11th and Church Streets.  Parking is in the lot off Church Street just west of the stadium. The corps will NOT be in uniform.  As with any outdoor performance the weather could impact the schedule for this event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Na na na nanananaaaaaa nanananaaaaa, hey Blooooooo...

Na na na nanananaaaaaa nanananaaaaa, hey Blooooooo....

(vamp)

• Like 1