2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

me too!

Keep your eye on TMZ. They're sneaky little rascals.

• Haha 2

As a BD former MM (long time ago) and BD homer I just want to say congratulations to Bloo on a great show, a great season, and so many great performances. You are a classy organization and will definitely have many opportunities to claim the gold, which I'm sure you'll do again very soon. And BD will be there to make sure you earn it!

Congrats on an amazing season!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah, that was um...well....interesting.  

Safe travels. 

I feel like there’s a story here I want to know now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

A fantastic 2019. Will be expressing my audience appreciation by increasing my $$$ donation. Now how much do I have to donate for them to agree to start taking massive time penalties and play well past the allotted time next year?

• Like 5

I'll be watching the video of this Bluecoats 2019 production for years to come. Pure joy. Pure entertainment. Fully realized art... A masterpiece.

Thanks to all the performers and the entire Bluecoats organization. 

• Like 5

Way to go, Bluecoats, on another game-changing show and design from one of the best design teams in the business. Your show, from day 1 in Detroit, set the drum-corps world on fire. The design, staging, color palette, musical arrangements, integration of guard, and on and on...it was truly magnificent.  There are a million-and-one ways to destroy a show with music of the Beatles. Doing popular music in DCI -- especially music of iconic groups -- is not easy and takes guts. John Lennon would have given this show a standing ovation. It was classy, complex, artistic, and entertaining. A silver medal is nothing to sneeze at. I am sad the corps did not get the big trophy. But in the end you had the crowd and you were only .087 from a great Blue Devils corps. That's incredibly good.  This now makes 6 top-3 finishes for the Bluecoats since 2010. The corps has become a trend setter in this activity, and we can't say enough about what Doug Thrower and company put together musically for this show. All in all, I think the design of "The Bluecoats" is one of the most masterful and seamless designs I have ever seen in this activity. Did I mention I am a "dino?"  I've seen a lot of great designs.  

It was so obvious after the Detroit performance that this show was likely going to challenge for Gold. It did. Just as the Blue Devils have been leading the activity forward, so too are the Bluecoats. They have jumped on the front of the train when it comes to leading in design and performance. They did that back in 2014.  Great to see the corps tie for total music and win general effect. That says a lot. I can't wait to see what this design team has in store for this activity next summer. I know it will be amazing. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 8

On 8/10/2019 at 11:31 PM, tedrick said:

It will be very hard to top this season - the design staff needs to go back to the drawing board and chart a new direction - more demand more achievement -

Guard needs to be equal or better to Vanguard and Devils

Drum Line needs a total overhaul and needs to contribute.

See ya next year.

I find it hard to agree with anything you say here. Back to the drawing board. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the designs the Bluecoats staff have put together over the past 6 years. Keep going in that direction...PLEASE! The Fans absolutely love it.

As for your more demand comment...this show had plenty of demand. Adding even more demand, to an already demanding show, is not the answer. Quality in design is more important than demand. Bloo and BD had as much demand as anyone out there. You have to know what to look for and how to analyze it to fully grasp the physical and musical challenges of Bloo's show. 

Bloo's guard is competitive and incredibly good. Sure, if we can hit the level of BD or Boston's guard, we will gladly take it. :)

The percussion section took 3rd. How is that bad?

Bloo was .087 from a Gold Medal and somehow you think that merits an overhaul? Not me. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1