2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

1 minute ago, 3PoC said:

Paul Mc Cartney said Blackbird means "black girl" as bird is a slang for girl. The song is in part about the state of race relations in the US (written in 68 I believe). The ending now has the blackbird dancer sharing a moment with a black female guard member and then the black woman is then lifted up by the full guard at the end. A subtle but fitting and meaningful touch.

And, Thank You.  This is exactly what is wanted/needed at this point.

14 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Paul Mc Cartney said Blackbird means "black girl" as bird is a slang for girl. The song is in part about the state of race relations in the US (written in 68 I believe). The ending now has the blackbird dancer sharing a moment with a black female guard member and then the black woman is then lifted up by the full guard at the end. A subtle but fitting and meaningful touch.

WOW! What an interesting piece of music triva. Now I see the change in Bloo's ending. Thank you

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich Cline said:

WOW! What an interesting piece of music triva. Now I see the change in Bloo's ending. Thank you

That's OK.  Paul, himself, had to explain it at times.

I was trying to recall another instance in the history of drum corps where the audience spontaneously responding to a corps' performance by singing --

Can anyone recall a similar example to what happened Saturday night in in Atlanta?

the only thing that is coming to mind is "Beef" from Cadets 1996 -

I really hope fans in the stands keep up singing Hey Jude!

Edited by tedrick
  • Like 4

On 6/28/2019 at 1:18 PM, Precious Roy said:

Get the crowd to do it during the field exit. But instead of "Hey, Jude" make it "Hey Blooo".

Humble brag -- I'm glad to have been an inspirational part of the show. (I just wish I had heard it in Atlanta -- I probably would have broken down and cried).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

I was trying to recall another instance in the history of drum corps where the audience spontaneously responding to a corps' performance by singing --

Can anyone recall a similar example to what happened Saturday night in in Atlanta?

the only thing that is coming to mind is "Beef" from Cadets 1996 -

I really hope fans in the stands keep up singing Hey Jude!

1994.  At finals crowd shouted “Mambo” during Cadets’ opener of Mambo from WSS.

• Thanks 1

I like the adjustment on the transition to Hey Jude tonight.  It's more like the original one when it first hit the field... direct modulation on the pitch bend to a related key.  Simple.  I think that will do it.

• Like 3

I hate to say it, but Bloo may need to get used to the title of Crowd Favorite, but not Champion

• Like 1