2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

You know the emotional feeling you get when you watch a Bluecoats ballad? Yeah thats what it was like for the entire show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Tonight can’t come soon enough.  

So it's not just me that feels like today is draaaaging....?? 

I need to stop checking any social media outlets for info and just get on with my day!! C'mon 8:30pm :)

4 minutes ago, superOOk said:

You know the emotional feeling you get when you watch a Bluecoats ballad? Yeah thats what it was like for the entire show.

Okay... you don't have to betray any top secret intelligence... but I have a question about your assertion.

I don't mean to create a false dichotomy here, but try to pick and choose:

Would you say that you felt this way because they were performing well OR was it the thematic design (which we are all still in the dark about) that made you... emotional?

I am weeding out your live-and-in-person bias here, so play along.

Edited by cfirwin3

9 minutes ago, superOOk said:

There are few musical selections that can draw this out of me, But I distinctly remember having this feeling watching the Beatles Cirque show in Las Vegas.

IF Bluecoats have managed to tap into that, they win because that is some powerful ####.. 

17 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Any idea when they plan to announce things, etc? Can't wait to see them.

Just caught this:

Reveal at 5:00pm EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQBVW-DxNHA

As per official DCI live stream, a Dan Potter interview with Bloo program coordinator Dean Westman.  Looks like it will be an open stream so you don't have to be present at the show or at the theater to get it all from the 'horse's mouth'.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, superOOk said:

Oh boy. Now I am expecting a lot. Like hymn of Acxiom quality ballad, with gut wrenching emotions like 2014 BK, but with the fun and power of the old school Madison Scouts. Is that expecting too much?

Hopefully the percussion writing won't hold them back score wise! 2015/2016 Bluecoats were phenomenal with percussion writing but the last 2 years it was overshadowed by everything else going on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Oh boy. Now I am expecting a lot. Like hymn of Acxiom quality ballad, with gut wrenching emotions like 2014 BK, but with the fun and power of the old school Madison Scouts. Is that expecting too much?

I don’t think it is expecting too much, but as always, YMMV.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1