2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

1 minute ago, superOOk said:

That's what all the ladies said in the 60s

10 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

If I know Doug... These (highly recognizable... don't forget that truth) tunes will be seamlessly re-composed into a masterpiece.  I wouldn't doubt that we will be hearing multiple (highly recognizable) tunes playing simultaneously in genius ways.

If Thrower is writing it... then there is plenty of room for the kitchen sink.

True, Thrower is a great arranger. I'm sure I'll be reassured in a couple hours here, it was just a thought.

Just now, Brass Lover said:

True, Thrower is a great arranger. I'm sure I'll be reassured in a couple hours here, it was just a thought.

I think it's about the recognition factor.  The more recognizable the music... the more fragmented it can be in the arrangement.  People will be smiling and nudging each other saying "ah! Did you hear that!?" For 12 minutes.

• Like 1

So literally none of their show will be on the DVD?  Permission to arrange is one thing.  But what are the sync rights for this repertoire going to cost?  And will DCI be willing to pay them?  

Edited by karuna
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

So literally none of their show will be on the DVD?  Permission to arrange is one thing.  But what are the sync rights for this repertoire?  

It’s very different for the Beatles catalogue than it used to be, in a good way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Let's not forget this

90s alt rock is my favorite genre...but never liked this song... really at all.

BUT this arrangement is amazing! Way better than actually listening to the song. I actually love it. Hymn of Acxiom is way better the Bloo way too.

My favorite Beatles song is Here Comes the Sun

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

Just now, ThePlanets said:

My favorite Beatles song is Here Comes the Sun

Are they covering that?  That would be great.  It's a stupid-happy song.  Bluecoats do stupid-happy really well.

3 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

It’s very different for the Beatles catalogue than it used to be, in a good way.

I hope so.  Because it would be a crying shame not to preserve the show.  I haven't heard a note and already love it.

Edited by karuna
  • Like 2