2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

Are they covering that?  That would be great.  It's a stupid-happy song.  Bluecoats do stupid-happy really well.

Nah it doesn't look like it. Come Together will be great though

I only hope this isn't like when Crown did "Rachstar" in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I loved that show but there was something missing and it only felt like a mashup of songs and not a drum corps show.

That being said I can't wait to hear "I Want to Hold Your Hand" on the field.

#SixWords

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Folks will either love it or they won't. Some will love it out of the gate. Some folks' opinions won't be changed. Many will be in for a real surprise. The first time drum corps viewer is sure to find things in it with which they remember and can relate. 

I'm confident the design staff has created a fresh, new look and sound.  Many alumni from the 90s will be watching this with a careful eye and optimistic heart. Of all the years of the corps, 1992 was the hardest working corps the Bluecoats put on the field. That show changed so much in one year. I think there were three versions of it by Finals.  Given that 1992 was also Doug Thrower's first year with the corps, this is a touching and bittersweet way to show the growth of the corps and how far they truly have come

I liked Blue Knight's "Because" and I'm certain I'll like this year's production.  

• Like 4

This show better not let me down. The Beatles will always be my favorite. In my opinion they haven't truly been done justice in DCI. We shall see.

14 minutes ago, karuna said:

I hope so.  Because it would be a crying shame not to preserve the show.  I haven't heard a note and already love it.

My guess would be show will be preserved, rights or not, whether we would be able to see it is a different matter.

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

My guess would be show will be preserved, rights or not, whether we would be able to see it is a different matter.

Empire State of Mind was removed from Madison Scouts show in 2011, but there are copies with it.

21 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

It’s very different for the Beatles catalogue than it used to be, in a good way.

Michael Jackson owned the Beatles catalog, now it is owned by Sony, at least according to a few Internet sources. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I believe my DVD has the music only but the show is blacked out.

I asked a BOD member this very question. My understanding is that sync rights are green lighted. Of course my understanding may be imperfect.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

Michael Jackson owned the Beatles catalog, now it is owned by Sony, at least according to a few Internet sources. 

Pretty sure it was Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney who had the falling out over that. Paul was waiting for the rights to go back up for sale, and Michael Jackson pulled the rug out from under him. Once Michael Jacksons estate was sold, Sony bought the right to the catalog.