2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

That's so neat. All of us geezers at the theater were humming along with Bloo as they took us down memory lane. 

I thought I caught a  camera shot of a soprano (sorry, trumpet) soloist who had a haircut and looked just like John Lennon. Was I hallucinating? 

He had the cool blue round shades, too.  Now that is some awesome character development right there. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dans said:

I was very surprised by the small gap between Bluecoats, Crown, and Boston. I think Bluecoats design is way better than the other corps in competition last night. I was becoming bored last night until Bluecoats performed. When they get it right, Bluecoats design team is the best in DCI!

Agree! Tilt, Downside Up, Session 44, and now 2019 (and others) are some of the best designed shows of the 2000s. 

I haven't seen this show yet due to gigs. I live in North Canton, but Bloo went to Indiana for ST, and gigs are preventing me from seeing them live or in the theater. I'm going to try to make Pittsburgh. When I saw them last year it was so obvious that they had a top 3 show. Sounds like they may have another medal show. Lots of work to do I'm sure. 

I was also happy to read Mostly positive reviews from last night. 

• Like 6

This show for me so far as no doubter in the last 15 years is up there with Phantom 08, Crown 09, 13, Bloo 14-16, SCV 2018, Cadets 13,  The other great shows took time to grow on me. The design, execution, next level! As an SCV supporter, be cool to see Bloo Bangers take the Sanford Trophy this year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

This show for me so far as no doubter in the last 15 years is up there with Phantom 08, Crown 09, 13, Bloo 14-16, SCV 2018, Cadets 13,  The other great shows took time to grow on me. The design, execution, next level! As an SCV supporter, be cool to see Bloo Bangers take the Sanford Trophy this year.

I’d love to see the bangers take the Sanford, they’ve been so close a few times.  2012, 2015, and 2016 all stick out.  This years line reminds me of those lines.  They’re getting a lot more time in the spotlight this year, and wow they’re good. So fun to watch perform too.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

My mom is extremely excited about this show. Much more than I am. It's definitely her kind of drum corps show.

I was hoping for Woodstock haha.

I watched parts of a horrible recording from last night this morning while GMA was on in the background. I definitely need a second read on the whole thing. There are certainly some nice brass licks and an awesome Jazzy section- which is my thing. Can't wait to see how this show develops over the season!

Go Bloo!

Have to see it live. I've seen the cinema recordings and they're awful compared to live.

Live, they are perfectly balanced and sound on a totally different level than everybody else.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Have to see it live. I've seen the cinema recordings and they're awful compared to live.

Live, they are perfectly balanced and sound on a totally different level than everybody else.

Next Friday...Allentown, here I come!!! Hoping the weather is cooperative!!! Can't wait to see it in person!! 

Let's Go Bloooooo 

• Like 1