2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

1 hour ago, wilme861 said:

2015 was my favorite of theirs in the 2000s, before that I’ll probably go back to 2003 or so before I find a Bluecoats show I would be ok not seeing again (2011 makes it only because of Creep to be fair and yes I actually liked Imagine lol). This new age Bluecoats just isn’t doing it for me. I get why people are entertained by them but just not my cup of tea.

Everyone has their own tastes and I don't mind that at all.  Heck...I met a man once who...didn't like The Beatles!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wilme861 said:

2015 was my favorite of theirs in the 2000s, before that I’ll probably go back to 2003 or so before I find a Bluecoats show I would be ok not seeing again (2011 makes it only because of Creep to be fair and yes I actually liked Imagine lol). This new age Bluecoats just isn’t doing it for me. I get why people are entertained by them but just not my cup of tea.

I'm even years with the Bluecoats. 2014, 2016 and 2018 were the best. I liked 2015 and 2017 but not as much as those three. 2019 is my least favorite since before 2010. 

• Confused 2

The Bluecoatsest of all Bluecoats.

It's a bold statement and I think that the designers know exactly what they are trying to do here. It's not really a "Beatles show" after all. Like the title says it's really a show about The Bluecoats that uses the well known history. repertoire, and vibe of The Beatles to make a compelling analogy about the Bluecoats' impact on the marching world.

So many great ideas and moments from Bluecoats history are woven together in this show to remind fans of the marching arts that their stylistic, visual, and sonic innovations and bold explorations of new frontiers while maintaining audience appeal and accessibility to fans, like the Beatles in their time, have changed the game forever. 

Wherever this show winds up on the sheets, I'm sure a great many fans will come together over this production!

• Like 6

• Like 1

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Bloo perc 14.7 last night...SCV 14.3 tonight.  I know...different shows, different judges, different corps.

All I'll say is...……. 

"You know you should be glad
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahhhhhhhhh"

Crown had a 14.4 so we’ll celebrate with you lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I honestly don't think bloo had their best run yesterday. I believe they should hit around 73.5-74 in North Canton. This is my favorite show this year after listening to the top tiers. I just see so much that can be done with this show. My only real complaint is the prerecording of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was kind of unsettling though that's a minor issue that may be tinkered with.

I know my opinion is biased but as far as the most satisfying show goes, The Bluecoats do it for me

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 3PoC said:

The Bluecoatsest of all Bluecoats.

It's a bold statement and I think that the designers know exactly what they are trying to do here. It's not really a "Beatles show" after all. Like the title says it's really a show about The Bluecoats that uses the well known history. repertoire, and vibe of The Beatles to make a compelling analogy about the Bluecoats' impact on the marching world.

i'm hoping the analogy doesn't go too far, lol

the beatles' popularity got to a point where all the screaming made it so they couldn't even hear themselves playing

it's what made them stop touring and become a studio-only band