2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

8 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Check out Ringo's kit in the final performance (on the roof)...one of the few Beatles kits that Ringo still owns!

Speaking of kits Ringo owns....he has a Roland TD-20 which he left in London when he was supposed to be recording on Gary Wright's Connected CD. (2011.) I'm friends with Gary's engineer, so I got a call from him, asking if Ringo could borrow my kit. Of course I said, "yes," just to be able to say that Ringo played my drums😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Anyone else feel that the 'Come Together' blues shout chorus may very well fulfill the price of admission all by itself?

That's a rippin' chunk of music.

I feel like Blucoats have at least a minute or two in every years show for the past decade that EVERYONE would say was one of their favorite moments for the year!! The design and music team really click together!! 

That 45-65 seconds of "Come Together"  may be one of the best minute of drum corps this season!! And if it's not, gotta be in your top 3......

Edited by Prtzdle
  • Like 7

OK so if the Bluecoats management or souvie team are reading this I'd like to make a quick suggestion. I went to your website to look into buying a tour shirt for this show, seeing as it's my favorite show of the year. I was really disappointed. The tour shirt is based on the Beatles' White Album. That's a high concept idea for a tour shirt, I get where you were going with it, but it's not something I would really choose to wear. Are there any plans for another more visually appealing tour shirt to come?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Super Don-O said:

OK so if the Bluecoats management or souvie team are reading this I'd like to make a quick suggestion. I went to your website to look into buying a tour shirt for this show, seeing as it's my favorite show of the year. I was really disappointed. The tour shirt is based on the Beatles' White Album. That's a high concept idea for a tour shirt, I get where you were going with it, but it's not something I would really choose to wear. Are there any plans for another more visually appealing tour shirt to come?

Bloo always adds shirts as the tour goes on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t get Blackbird out of my head.  Total earworm. 

Dadnabbit!  I had it cleared out for at least the past couple hours.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t get Blackbird out of my head.  Total earworm. 

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

Dadnabbit!  I had it cleared out for at least the past couple hours.

Blackbird has been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Prtzdle said:

I feel like Blucoats have at least a minute or two in every years show for the past decade that EVERYONE would say was one of their favorite moments for the year!! The design and music team really click together!! 

That 45-65 seconds of "Come Together"  may be one of the best minute of drum corps this season!! And if it's not, gotta be in your top 3......

I saw a video of one of their recent shows, shot by a fan in the audience, and after that sequence you could hear him blurt out, “Wow!”

• Like 3

I’m not certain this show medals. But I am certain it will be the show I choose to watch and listen to whenever possible. 

First time I saw Session 44, I was sort of convinced that it was a miss. But after the third show, I began to get it. And now it probably ranks as one of my ten most favorite dci shows ever.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I’m not certain this show medals. But I am certain it will be the show I choose to watch and listen to whenever possible. 

First time I saw Session 44, I was sort of convinced that it was a miss. But after the third show, I began to get it. And now it probably ranks as one of my ten most favorite dci shows ever.

yeah... if it doesn't rank, there may be some blooing without the "l" going on (a la 90's Madison Scouts retreats).