2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

21 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

Last night in Hamilton Colts, then Spirit, the Cadets came out one after another with the same look/same dark angst/etc.  Then here come Bluecoats with a totally bright, fun, uplifting show.

Lots of anger and angry faces. 

• Haha 1

While I'm thinking about it, one of my favorite parts of the show is when the guard gets on the center ramp near the beginning of Within You Without You and does a bit of the Dance of a Thousand Hands (some horn players do a version toward the end as well). I hope Flo catches this next time they stream a Bloo show. I've been hoping to see a corps attempt this for years!

Edited by 3PoC
  • Like 3

@3PoC and others, I'd love to keep reading about things that they have in the show that someone like myself who isn't as familiar with The Beatles might miss.  Cool stuff!  I like learning more about all kinds of music.  I'm very familiar with so many of their songs, just not much more past that, so this is a cool opportunity to learn more.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

@3PoC and others, I'd love to keep reading about things that they have in the show that someone like myself who isn't as familiar with The Beatles might miss.  Cool stuff!  I like learning more about all kinds of music.  I'm very familiar with so many of their songs, just not much more past that, so this is a cool opportunity to learn more.  

The attention to detail is amazing.  No one captures an era like Bloo. The beat generation last year and the Beatles this year.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7

@DrumManTx and anyone interested in the inspiration for this year's round props and tarps; here's the Sea of Holes clip from the Beatles' Yellow Submarine movie:
(low quality, but the only clip I could find on youtube)

Edited by 3PoC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

@DrumManTx and anyone interested in the inspiration for this year's round props and tarps; here's the Sea of Holes clip from the Beatles' Yellow Submarine movie:
(low quality, but the only clip I could find on youtube)

Very cool! Thanks for posting this!

• Like 4